The Our Lady of the Lake Hospital is hiring Full time Surgical Technicians to assist in the preparation of the surgical room, prepares and maintains the sterile field, provides surgical team with supplies and instruments, and cares for equipment following surgical procedures. It is the responsibility of the incumbent(s) of this position to incorporate the Mission values and philosophy of the organization into all aspects of job duties.
- Assists in the preparation of the surgical case through creation of the sterile field, operating specialized instruments or equipment, and ensuring that proper supply levels are maintained in an effort toward providing quality healthcare services.
- Provides for patient safety by performing surgical counts, checking that instruments and equipment are in good working condition, and by proper handling of specimens.
- Ensures that high quality health care services are provided to patients by maintaining infection control techniques and monitoring situations which could lead to breaches in technique.
- Demonstrates and maintains clinical competency in the delivery of patient care services.
- Utilizes all equipment, supplies, facilities, and resources in a prudent and efficient manner in order to ensure efficient departmental operations and the provision of high-quality health care services.
- Observes and adheres to all departmental and hospital policies and procedures, and follows all safety, quality assurance, and infection control standards.
- Facilitates the flow of the surgical procedure by anticipating the surgeon’s needs while providing safe, reliable, and efficient technological assistance.
- Participates in educational programs, in-service meetings, and training sessions in an effort to share his/her own expertise with others and further the quality of education and personal growth provided to new personnel, volunteers, and interning students.
1 year experience working in the (OR) Operation room or graduate from an accredited Surgical Technician program
High School or Equivalent
Valid American Hearts Association BLS CPR Certification
Location: Our Lady of the Lake · 10OLL6280 SURGERY – MAIN
Schedule: Full-time, D/E/N & Weekend Rotation, 40 hours per week
Click Here To Apply