The outdoors is a big place and just as it offers endless adventures, so does our company.
Camping World is your premier one-stop-shop for everything RV. Along with RV parts and accessories, we also offer a full selection of new and used RVs for sale. Once you buy an RV, should it need a little TLC, our RV Spa detail and refurbishment centers are there to make it shine like new. However, if the problem is under the hood, our nearly 2,000 service bays, over 1,600 technicians and 100+ collision centers scattered around the country are ready to get you back on the road in no time.
As the RV industry leader, Camping World is always looking for new and better ways to enhance your RV and outdoor experience. Camping World – like the great outdoors – is a big place, full of opportunity and we make it our mission to equip you for it. We’ve got an awesome team already, but there’s always room for more! Are you ready for a new adventure?
As a Camping World Service Receptionist, you are the first-person customers come into contact with, you will have the opportunity to present a positive initial meeting and greeting of customers both in person and phone.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promptly and warmly meet, greet, answer phone calls, and direct the customer to the appropriate representative or department
- Take service-related messages and insure follow up happens as promised
- Answer basic service-related questions
- Make outbound calls to customers to suggest and sell preventative maintenance related services
- Ensure superior customer experience – both on the phone and in person
- Commit to providing accurate and timely repair updates to customers
- Coordinate and process all necessary documents for the Service Department
- May cross train to perform additional Service Advisor duties
Essential Job Skills:
- Knowledge of RV repair or of carpentry, electrical, and plumbing
- Previous experience in a high-standard customer service environment preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and relationship-building skills
- Strong ability to take initiative, coupled with leadership skills and the ability to take charge of a situation
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and reliability, with the desire to work as an integral member of a team
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- High School education or equivalent
- Experience of MS Office is required
Full-time associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401k and more! Part-time associates are offered access to dental & vision coverage!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, veteran or uniformed service-member status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We consider Military experience equally as valuable as civilian work experience. Veterans, Reservists and Transitioning Service Members are encouraged to include Military duty and certifications on their resume and applications when applying for a position.
Click Here To Apply