- Evaluates patients and interprets examination findings to determine the nature and extent of dysfunction relative to persons limited by medical problems, birth defects, or health related conditions to restore their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives. Performs clinical testing to determine muscle strength, reflexes, sensation, coordination, range of motion, and other sensory motor skills while performing clinical analysis and treatment of postural, gait, and ADL disorders.
- Establishes plan of care to achieve established goals relative to age, medical history and dysfunction.
- Administers or prescribes modalities and other physical agents.
- Administers or prescribes exercise programs/development of patient care programs.
- Demonstrates professional competence and clinical reasoning in assessing patient’s condition at the onset and through all phases of skilled physical therapy.
- Routinely takes usual and special precautions relative to the age, medical history and condition of the patient, and the type of treatment being given.
- Regularly reassesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progression towards goals, and the need for modification of treatment and/or goals.
- Implements the treatment program through direct treatment of the patient.
- May delegate a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive personnel.
- Coordinates the treatment plan and participates in discharge planning with other health care personnel as appropriate.
- May participate in relevant patient care rounds and case management conferences.
- Provides advice and education to patient and family.
- Discharges patients from physical therapy services when skilled therapy is no longer medically necessary and when clinically appropriate.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente’s Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Follows department guidelines on cleanliness of assigned areas and reports non-functioning of patient care equipment by following department equipment maintenance policies and procedures.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of physical therapy services provided per State and Federal requirements and relevant medical group policies and guidelines.
- Works in partnership with Management to complete all mandatory compliance requirements.
- May be required to be trained to cover a diverse population of patients depending on local medical center need.
- May be involved in the clinical competency of PT Assistants and PT Aides.
- Demonstrates internal and external customer service at all times and behaves in accordance with Principles of Responsibility.
- In cooperation with management, acts as a resource for department issues in the immediate area regarding day to day operations such as providing operational direction to staff PTs, PTAs, and PT aides i.e. assists with orientation and training of employees, informing management of any barriers preventing successful completion of training; assists in the completion of new employee’ core competencies, provide technical direction and support to employees, inform management on the work environment (e.g., staffing, training/competencies, and equipment needs).
- Works in cooperation with manager to ensure proper safety, maintenance, and levels of equipment and supplies.
- Provides input to clinical performance of staff around routine procedures as appropriate.
- Provides input to management regarding the performance evaluation of assigned staff.
- Works in partnership with management and is actively involved with staffing models and smooth staffing across areas.
- Senior duties may include:
- Assisting with member complaints
- Triaging referrals
- Making schedule changes in cooperation with master scheduler
- Assisting department in aligning itself with regional and local goals
- Assisting in the development and implementation of department policies and procedures
- Working within service area to influence smooth staffing models as needed in cooperation with management
- Sharing service, quality, and access metrics and performance in immediate area and the relationship to goals and able to report out to team members
- Scheduling and leading department meetings in the unforeseen absence of management
- Four (4) years minimum Physical Therapist experience required.
- Completion of an accredited PT training program with a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current CA Physical Therapist License Or: License eligibility letter prior to first day of employment:
- BLS required prior to first day of employment.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to first day of employment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- If CA PT License Applicant (PTLA) or PT Aide Letter recipient: licensing exam must be passed within (120) days from letter date.
- Member APTA
- One (1) year recent (within last 3 years) experience in a clinical setting for which position is posted.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- This position will split time working in the office and performing patient care in the home.
PrimaryLocation : California,Tustin,Tustin Home Health 17542 E. 17th St. Ste. 300 31
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
WorkingHoursStart : 8:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 5:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : UTSC / United Therapists of SoCal
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Rehab Services
Department : Home Health
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click Here To Apply