We have an immediate need for an experienced Senior (Lead) Estimator.
* Supervises the estimates of Field Engineers and lower level estimators.
* Creates WBS and scope review for lower level estimators.
* Attends pre-bid meetings, performs site assessments, and analyzes specifications, statements of work, and other documentation to prepare thorough, accurate, and timely estimates of time, cost, and labor.
* Provides high-level scoping of assigned projects to include preparation of bid packages and analysis of proposals.
* Prepares estimates of medium to high complexity, up to $40M, with minimal or no oversight.
* Interfaces with A/E’s, contractors, and owners to provide cost data regarding project feasibility.
* Interfaces with owners, A/E’s, and Contractors during negotiation and contract execution.
* Responsible for review of final estimate and proposal to ensure accuracy and completeness.
* Performs material take-off and quantity surveying.
* Conducts and/or manages the development of preliminary bid/project schedules.
* Assists in the development of written proposals.
* Coordinates efforts of junior estimators and assemble into a cohesive estimate.
* Strategizes an approach to be successful on assigned projects.
* Solicits subcontractors and suppliers.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
* B.S. Degree in Construction Management and/or Engineering or eight (8) years of construction experience or equivalent background is required.
* Six (6) years of construction estimating experience is required.Ability to estimate multiple projects simultaneously with proven time management skills.
* Ability to estimate multiple projects simultaneously with proven time management skills.
* Ability to assemble multiple trade estimates.
* Demonstrated experience estimating a broad range of subcontracted and self-perform work activities with an emphasis in the following project types: Healthcare, Commercial, both Public and Federal Healthcare/Institutional.
* Familiarity with MF2014.
* Must have excellent analytical and planning skills, good communication skills, and be knowledgeable and proficient with computers including spreadsheets, word processing, and database software systems. A good background in Sage Estimating (Timberline) is preferred.
* Ability to work independently or as a member of a team. Attention to detail and proven problem-solving skills.
* The ability to develop into a Chief Estimato
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
- Sage Estimating: 10 years (Required)
- industrial estimating: 10 years (Required)
- construction estimating: 10 years (Required)
Click Here To Apply