Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
POSITION TITLE: Security Officer
REPORTS TO: Security Supervisor, Risk & Safety Manager
DEPARTMENT: Risk & Safety
CLASSIFICATION: Seasonal Full Time
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
To patrol the property and grounds of JHMR and related areas, securing buildings, directing and assisting guests and visitors, mitigating unsafe conditions and situations and reporting them to management. Acts as a contact for local law enforcement, emergency medical services or fire departments as necessary. Assists other employees in maintaining a safe and secure base area. Properly and calmly handles emergency situations. Maintains various records, prepares reports and performs miscellaneous clerical and maintenance tasks. Performs accident investigations according to criteria or upon request.
- Patrol JHMR premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police, emergency medical services or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Preparing and submitting written reports on activities and incidents taking place at the end of each shift.
- Observes and operated security camera footage and programs.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- Identifies and observes suspicious persons and activities.
- Able to communicate in an effective and proficient manner in high stress situations.
- Conducts incident investigations using witness statement forms, incident diagrams, photos and other related material.
- Provide First Care for medical events according to training/certification
– Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job—
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Remain alert and attentive
- Ability to safely operate mountain bike, ATV and snowmobile
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- 21 years old and High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current CPR and Basic First Aid Certification
- Previous security or law enforcement helpful but not required
- Expert skier/snowboarder level required
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Use of cell phone and common office equipment
- Use of security cameras and related computer programs
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Be on feet for long periods of time
- Be able to withstand cold temperatures
- Walking, bending, handling, reaching, squatting, lifting climbing and stooping.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Click Here To Apply