Title: Behavioral Health Clinician (LCMHC
Supervisor: Chief Medical Director (Clinical)
Clinical Mental and Behavioral Health clinician within a primary health care group practice to function as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in the provision of mental health and behavior screening protocols, mental health and substance use brief treatment, and mental health, trauma, and substance use referral/coordination of care for patients in need of specialty mental health and substance abuse treatment services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of community resources and placement options for mental health and substance
- Knowledge of psychosocial aspects of chronic and acute diseases.
- Cultural competency in serving diverse populations.
- Knowledge of psychopharmacology and behavioral health medicine.
- Provide consultation and co-management of patients presenting with mental health and substance use conditions and/or psychosocial factors that impact overall health in collaboration with the primary care team.
- Administer and interpret mental health and substance use screens appropriate for use in a primary care setting.
- Provide brief, targeted, evidenced-based behavioral health interventions to address mental health and substance use health risk factors with emphasis on prevention or early intervention.
- Complete mental health and/or substance use diagnostic assessments.
- Provide as needed case management and crisis intervention.
- Coordinate/monitor specialty mental health and substance abuse treatment referrals.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and computer competency.
- Provide clear and concise documentation.
- Improve patient adherence
- Support patient self-management
- Agent of behavioral change
- Decrease over or under-utilization
- Reduce health-risk behaviors and increase health enhancing behaviors
- Monitor and improve population outcomes
System Wide Accountabilities
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Maintain a safe, clean and attractive environment.
- Communicate with compassion and courtesy.
- Anticipate needs of customers and others.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
Preparation and Training
Master degree from an accredited university/ college (MSW) of Social Work and North Carolina Clinical Social Work Licensure, ( Assosicate) or Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor/ Associate is required.
Three years of clinical experience providing therapeutic treatment services with MI and/or SA adult populations. Knowledge of public/private behavioral health/substance abuse treatment delivery system.
An equivalent of knowledge and experience may be considered.
Work requires contact with clients, family members and other professional disciplines and service agencies. Contacts may also include volunteers, court officials, interns, and residents. These contacts involve an exercise of influence, tactful judgment, and proper conduct in order to negotiate matters, and carry out policies and programs for the best interests of the company/patient. Applicant must be able to work and deal effectively with changing situations, varying workloads, interruptions, etc. Applicant may be exposed to communicable diseases, biohazard substances, medicinal preparations, and other conditions conducive to a clinical environment. Occasional travel required to outside.
- Behavioral Health Clinician
UNITED HEALTH CENTERS (UHC) is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution and EEO/Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence through diversity. Employment offers are made on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $51,000.00 per year
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $28.00 – $31.00 per hour
- Counselling: 1 year (Preferred)
- LCMHC (Preferred)
- Other forms
- One location
- Multiple locations
- On the road
Click Here To Apply