Cedar Sinai Park is hiring a full-time Utility Floor Person to join our team of dedicated staff!
We offer a competitive wage and benefits for full-time employees. Apply Today!
Cedar Sinai Park is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location of Human Resources: Robison Health & Rehab, 6125 SW Boundary Street, Portland, OR 97221 (Work location: Nursing Home)
We are located in a residential neighborhood on a lush campus in the SW Hills of Portland, Oregon (off Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway and 62nd Street).
Free meal per shift and free parking.
TITLE: UTILITY FLOOR PERSON
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (8-hour shifts)
WORK HOURS: (Days (40 hours): Monday-Friday
PAY RATE: $16.00 per hour
REPORTS TO: Director of Building Services
WORK LOCATION: Robison Health & Rehabilitation
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO APPLY:
Required Experience: None. Prior housekeeping/janitorial service preferred (but not required; will train)
Required Education: None
Language: Must be able to understand and communicate effectively in English
Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment for residents, with a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks.
Infection Control and Illness Prevention in Place at Cedar Sinai Park (CSP):
SAFETY is our #1 Priority! We have stringent infection and disease controls in place. Please read below for more details. All employees wear face masks while on duty. Protective face masks are provided to all employees.
Infection Control and Illness Prevention:
- All staff, temporary workers and visitors are required to wear personal protective equipment including masks, practice hand hygiene, use social distancing, practice respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette (cover nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing), and take their temperatures upon arrival at work, and answer questions in the log book.
- All staff must be aware of and practice infection control to avoid cross-contamination by changing gloves and cleaning surfaces.
- We also encourage staff to avoid touching their face and be aware of common touch surfaces in terms of hand hygiene.
- We recommend that staff avoid wearing the same clothes and shoes upon arriving home as they wore at work. Clothes and cloth masks should be laundered daily.
- All individuals must enter and exit through the same front door to control the flow of traffic.
- We do not allow patient visitation inside the building. Visits outside must practice social distancing.
- All staff must self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 (as listed by the CDC), and report concerns—including potential community exposures—to their supervisor immediately. Anyone with a body temperature over 100 degrees will be directed to the duty nurse for further evaluation. All resident and staff contact must cease immediately.
- All staff, temporary workers, and contractors must adhere to company policies and procedures that include: Moonlighting (disclosure of a second job to assess risk), notification of vacation plans (and/or airline travel or by means where social distancing is not possible) to prevent potential transmission or COVID-19 onto the premises.
HIRING PROCESS INCLUDES:
Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
Pre-employment drug and COVID-19 test (paid for by company).
Mandatory Tuberculosis (TB) Test: During the first week, all employees must participate in a two-part screening for Tuberculosis, paid for and administered by an on-site nurse.
BENEFITS for FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES
The following is a list of our current benefits for 2020-2021 fiscal year for full-time employees. Benefits are subject to change at the discretion of management. Full-time employees receive benefits; time off accrual rates vary by hours worked. Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment.
- Kaiser Medical
- Doctor office visits are not applied to the deductible and are only a low co-pay
- Dental (Delta PPO or Willamette HMO plans available at low monthly cost)
- Bi-weekly payroll (26 pay periods per year)
- Long-term disability (employer paid)
- Life & AD&D Insurance ($10,000 employer paid with guaranteed issue buy-up to $200,000 without a physical)
- Flexible Spending Account (Pre-tax for anticipated healthcare costs and childcare expenses)
- Healthcare Reimbursement Account: Reimburses the employee $500 of a $1000+ deductible when met.
- Employee Assistance Program through Cigna (Employer paid)
- 10 days of paid vacation accrued during the first year, then 15 days after 2 years
- 6 paid holidays plus 3 floating holidays (prorated based on month of hire)
- Every employee receives a free meal on each shift worked
- Employee Referral Bonus ($300)
- Tri-Met payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis is available.
Essential Job Duties
Maintains clean floors
Uses commercial floor equipment (i.e.. buffer, water extraction equipment) to maintain and clean carpet.
Strips, refinishes, spot cleans floors.
Maintains floor cleaning equipment.
Removes trash and debris and properly disinfects floors as needed.
Moves furniture and/or personal belongings for residents due to room changes.
Changes cubicle curtains according to schedule.
Operates the wet/dry vacuum to clean large spills.
Spot cleans upholstered furniture.
Cleans Venetian blinds.
Cleans vents, diffusers, light fixtures, washes walls.
Assists with unplugging drains, toilets.
Operates pressure washer.
Washes and squeegees indoor windows & outdoor ground level windows.
Maintains janitorial closets and cleaning equipment keeping mop sinks clean, closet neat and notifies supervisor of cleaning supply needs.
Assists with events by moving and arranging furniture, cleaning common areas after functions, and using the company vehicle for pick up’s and deliveries as requested.
Notifies supervisor of broken or torn furniture, drapes, cubicle curtains, holes in walls and other unsafe or unhygienic areas in the Home, anything requiring maintenance attention.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Key Skills and Competencies
Must be able to work around and interact with residents. Must be able to follow instructions and complete assignments without close supervision, able to work with others. Must be able to distinguish colors, read schedules, product directions, equipment procedures, typewritten reports.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Working Environment: Works in a well-lighted and well-ventilated facility. Also works outdoors and may be exposed to excessive heat or cold. May be exposed to confused, belligerent or physically aggressive residents. May be exposed to contagious diseases and mental stress. Works closely with others and at other times works alone. Hours of work can be irregular. Has frequent exposure to dust, noise, heat, chemical fumes, gases, chemicals, grease, oils and solvents. Walking surfaces can be slippery or uneven. May be exposed to radiant and electrical energy. Works with and around machinery with moving parts. At times works below ground.
Physical Demands: Stands and walks for extended periods of time. Manual dexterity, good vision and hearing are required. At times works from ladders or scaffolding. Must be able to read product labels and distinguish colors. Frequent heavy lifting (60-100 lbs., 0-5 x per day), moderate lifting (25-59 lbs., 5-15 x per day), light lifting (0-24#, 5-25 x per day), regular moderate carrying (25-59 lbs. for 1-20 feet up to 20 x per day), light carrying (5-25 lbs., 1-350 ft., 5-75 x per day), occasional reaching above shoulder (1-10 x per day, 0-3 hours per day), frequent pushing/pulling cart on wheels (may go up/down ramps, 300 ft., 0-10 x per day), repeated bending/squatting (1-3 hours per day), constant walking and/or standing (8 hours per day).
Our Mission: Cedar Sinai Park is a not-for-profit and our mission is to provide residential and community-based care to our elders and adults with special needs, allowing them to live with comfort, independence and dignity in a manner and in an environment based on Jewish values. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Cedar Sinai Park features Assisted living, Post-Acute Rehab, Long-Term Care, In-Home care, Adult Day Services and Special Needs Care, and Affordable Housing. If you want to start your career in the healthcare Industry in a fostering and educational environment, please apply. We are an interfaith community that is dedicated to diversity and is committed to promoting an inclusive environment. Love. Honor. Respect.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We have stringent infection control measures in place and periodic COVID-19 testing of staff.
- Floor Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Company’s Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply