We are seeking a Surgical Technologist to join our team M Health Fairview !
The Surgical Technologist performs the functions of a surgical technologist as a scrub person during All surgical procedures providing patient care services appropriate to the age of the patients (ages pediatric through geriatric) served during the shift of duty in collaboration with the RN. Is responsible for adhering to standards of nursing practice and patient care, correct use of supplies/equipment and maintenance of the surgical suite under the direction of a RN.
.6 (48 hours per two weeks)
- Nights 12 hour shift
Rotating weekends, every third holiday
This position is eligible for $1000 referral bonus. If you are a Fairview employee and want to learn more about the referral bonus program Click Here.
Serves as scrub person during operative procedures
- Anticipates surgeon’s needs
- Supplies appropriate instruments, suture and specialty items.
- Maintains aseptic technique during all sterile procedures.
- Assures proper identification and handling of specimens.
- Completes all required sponge, sharps and instrument counts.
- Follows appropriate action in emergency situations.
Provides patient care
- Adheres to standards of clinical practice and patient care appropriate to the age of the patients.
- Assists in transfer/positioning of patients.
- Collaborates with the MD and circulating nurse to provide care for each patient.
- Respects the confidentiality of all information
Corrects use and setup of supplies and equipment
- Assures availability and proper functioning of supplies and equipment.
- Assembles and adjust equipment.
- Cleans, replenishes and sterilizes instruments and supplies as needed.
- Participates in the evaluation of new equipment or supplies.
- Assists other members of the team with terminal cleaning of room in readiness of next patient.
Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served.
Completion of military or surgical technologist training program/college
Current BLS certification required with American Heart Association as a Healthcare Provider
Excellent communication skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a complex work environment.
AST Surgical Technologist Certification or eligible within 1 year of hire date
Graduate from an accredited surgical technologist program
Main OR Surgical tech work experience
Work experience with instruments as surgical tech or in a healthcare setting
Training with varied surgical cases
Click Here To Apply