MHealth Fairview is looking for a Certified Medical Assistant at Fairview Clinics – Blaine. Hours are 8:30 to 5pm. Rotating Saturday at a Urgent Care site.
The Medical Assistant (MA) is qualified to perform waived and moderate complex testing as defined by CLIA ’88. The MA possesses working knowledge of the clinical laboratory and performs routine clinical laboratory analyses, recognizes problems, identifies basic causes, and makes corrections using established protocols. The MA correlates data based on knowledge of technical and instrumental conditions affecting test results and performs quality control procedures within established parameters. The MA collaborates with customers of the laboratory to promote customer satisfaction. The MA works independently under general supervision. The MA assists laboratory and radiology staff with patient care.
Follows established guidelines to obtain specimens and prioritize work
- Obtains specimens from patients of all ages and degrees of physical and/or mental disability.
- Properly verifies patient identity.
- Assesses integrity of all specimens for testing.
- Verifies correct identification of specimens before testing.
- Follows established guidelines for determining priority of specimen testing and procurement.
Performs waived, and moderate complexity testing as defined by CLIA’88.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the clinical laboratory and performs routine clinical laboratory analyses,
- Works independently under general supervision.
- Operates laboratory instrumentation and information systems according to written procedures.
- Completes specified maintenance on instruments.
Recognizes problems and takes appropriate measures to resolve them.
- Identifies basic causes of problems and makes corrections using established protocols
- Initiates proper safety or emergency responses.
- Obtains assistance from supervisor or others if unable to resolve issues.
Evaluates testing results for accuracy and appropriate intervention.
- Determine if test results fall within normal parameters and reporting protocols. Recognizes age-specific reference ranges
- Assesses the validity of the test results in relation to clinical conditions or technical factors.
- Takes appropriate action to recheck abnormal, discrepant, or unexpected results.
- Directly communicates abnormal and critical results to care giver.
Complies with Laboratory Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement, and Laboratory Compliance Programs.
- Documents deviations and action taken.
- Documents reagent, test kit and calibrator checks.
- Recognizes and communicates values that exceed the QC decision levels.
- Reports unresolved QC trends to supervisor.
- Complies with laboratory procedures needed for regulatory compliance.
- Graduate from a CMA program with an Associate degree which includes the completion of a clinical internship of at least 3 months duration or equivalent routes as specified in CLIA ’88
- Must maintain certification by maintaining required CEUs and pass the laboratories annual competency checks
- BLS certification
- Good phlebotomy skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work under stress in a variety of situations
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
Other Required Skills
- must be able to provide evidence of successful customer service background within a diverse cultural setting
- Prior laboratory experience in a clinic setting in a similar capacity
- Prior direct contact with patients in a health care setting
Click Here To Apply