Maintenance Technician – $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
Gateways Hospital and Mental Health Center
Gateways Hospital and Mental Health Center located in Los Angeles, is a non-profit organization that provides an array of comprehensive mental health services for Children, Adolescents, Transitional Aged Youth, and Adults suffering from mental illness in the Greater Los Angeles area. The organization consists of a standalone fifty five (55) bed hospital and six outlying outpatient and residential facilities that have anywhere from fourteen (14) beds to one hundred and thirty four (134) beds.
We are hiring a motivated and skilled Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for building maintenance at various Gateways locations who has Locksmith experience, and/or certification. Knowledge of regulatory codes and standards. Duties may include/involve pipe fitting, insulating, welding machining, carpentry, repairing electrical or mechanical equipment, installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment and repairing buildings, floors, or stairs.
Minimum Experience Required
- Multi-trade building maintenance of commercial buildings.
- Supervisory maintenance experience in similar or commercial setting.
- Computer / Keyboard Experience; Word Processing / Data Entry
- High school diploma.
- Building Maintenance Technical Training through trade school or college or practical professional experience in building maintenance fields.
- Proficient skills to perform repairs and maintenance on commercial and domestic building equipment and building systems
- General keyboard skills with 20 words per minute typing speed.
- Computer software skills including experience with: Windows PC and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to operate selected equipment.
- General knowledge of basic building/maintenance trades.
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with agency departments, facilities, and staff.
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills for copper plumbing and brazing.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of general work-safety practices.
Gateways offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits (medical and dental insurance; 403b Retirement Plan with company contribution, Supplemental Insurance plans, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance program, Flexible Spending plan, paid Vacation, Sick Time, Personal Holidays and paid Holidays).
Location: Los Angeles / Gateways Hospital and Mental Health Center
Status: (3) Full-Time / Non-Exempt / Non-Union
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
Click Here To Apply