Since 1927, Davis Wire Corporation has built a reputation for dependability and quality. As the largest wire manufacturer in the Western United States, our impressive range of products are used in a wide variety of fields, including agriculture, construction, transportation, communications, and industrial applications. The foundations of our business are galvanized and reinforcement wire, though we also produce an assortment of specialty wires to fit almost any need. We back our products by exceptional customer service and support our workers in making this a successful business.
Davis Wire Corp is part of The Heico Companies LLC. We are a family owned business that treats our businesses like family. We believe the long-term success of our organization is driven by the talented people who support and lead our companies. Our over 9,000 team members around the globe embrace simplicity and diversity. We believe that great, game-changing ideas can come from anyone, anywhere in our organization. Our belief in our people and their capabilities drives our decentralized structure, which fosters entrepreneurship — a key driver of our long-term growth.
Come join the industry leader in wire manufacturing and become part of a team that values safety, quality, and excellence.
This position is eligible for a signing bonus of $500*
- Payable in two equal installments of $250 (one installment at 90 days, other installment at 180 days)
This is a Manual Machinist job, no CNC is involved with the fabrication of parts
Davis Wire is currently seeking a Maintenance Machinist for our Kent, WA location. This role has the responsibility for fabricating replacement and new parts for facility machinery and working with Maintenance Mechanics and others to install replacement items and troubleshoot.
- Using blueprints, sketches, and machine parts, designs and manufactures replacement and expendable components as needed to support production
- Defines or manufactures tooling, fixtures, jigs as required to support manufacture of replacement parts and expendable components
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment
- Work with co-workers and supervisors to troubleshoot equipment failure.
- Be compliant with all safety regulations
- Previous experience as a Manual Machinist
- Previous experience in mill environments is a plus
- Must be able to read and follow blueprints and drawings
- Must be at least 18 years old – due to work environment
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background, drug/alcohol, and physical screenings
- Must be able to safely lift 45lbs
- Must be able to use:
- Bridgeport mill
- Horizontal mill
- Vertical mill
- Vertical turret lathe (Bullard)
- Surface grinder
- Radial arm drill.
- Electric and pneumatic tools
Job Type: Full Time
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company Paid Base Life Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) – through the Teamsters Union
- Pension – through the Teamsters Union
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation & sick time
- 12 Days on and 2 days off
- 1st Shift 7:00am – 3:30pm M-F
Pay and other information:
- $26.38/per hour depending on experience
- Union position Teamsters Local 117
Click Here To Apply