Empire Solar Group (ESG) has been setting a new standard in the exciting and rapidly expanding Solar Industry. Built on the idea that the world is a better place when people are empowered to create the lives they want, Empire makes sure empowerment is at the heart of everything we do. Led by our co-founders, Abby Buchmiller (CEO), Amanda Roseburg (CFO), and Steve Buchmiller (COO), we are challenging the norm and raising the bar through unparalleled customer service and creation of a unique, empowering environment for our people. ESG provides solar energy system installation for use in residential and commercial applications throughout the U.S. with the vision of bringing renewable, reliable, clean energy to all. As people continue to realize the vast benefits of solar (for the planet and their bank account), the demand for our services is growing rapidly and we are expanding our team to meet that demand!
What it’s like to work at ESG
At Empire, we want to empower our people to grow, achieve their goals and make a positive impact in the world. We believe in internal mobility and growth and make it a point to offer opportunities for our employees to problem-solve and take on projects they are passionate about. We know the work of empowering others starts with empowering our employees.
What you will do
As a Junior Solar Installer, you will work with a field crew that consists of an Electrician, a Lead Installer, and a Sr. Installer to complete the solar installation process. You will work together to prepare, assemble, install, and test the systems for our customers. This involves working on roofs, climbing up and down ladders, and lifting heavy objects. Customer satisfaction is a pillar of our business (check out our customer reviews!), and as part of the installation team that is interacting directly with clients, it is critical that you embody our culture and create a positive experience.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing customer’s homes for solar system installation.
- Assembling and installing solar systems, including roof and/or ground mounts, following the design layout.
- Testing installed systems to ensure optimum performance.
- Confirming that proper inventory has been pulled for each job.
- Completing additional safety and installation training as needed.
- Ensuring a safe work environment by adhering to any and all safety rules and regulations.
- Performing additional carpentry tasks as needed.
A little bit about you
You’re looking to start your career in the solar industry as part of a company that is forging a new path in clean energy. You want to work as part of a knowledgeable, experienced team that will teach you the basics of solar installation and support your growth and learning. You’re ready to use your construction background to help us become the number one solar company in the United States.
- Have 1+ year experience working in roofing, construction, and/or electrical (solar experience a plus)
- Have 1+ year experience working in a customer-facing role
- Have strong problem-solving, prioritization, and time-management skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Are comfortable climbing ladders and working on roofs using PPE
- Are able to lift 50+ pounds
What we’re offering
- W2 full-time position
- Competitive PTO and holiday schedule
- 401k with company matching
- Defined, merit-based career path
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Autonomy and growth
Empire Solar Group is an equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location that we facilitate. Empire Solar Group is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans.
Click Here To Apply