Empire Solar Group is setting a new standard in the exciting and rapidly expanding Solar Industry. Built on the idea that the world is a better place when people are empowered to create the lives they want, Empire makes sure empowerment is at the heart of everything we do. Led by our co-founders, Abby Buchmiller (CEO), Amanda Roseburg (CFO), and Steve Buchmiller (COO), we are challenging the norm and raising the bar through unparalleled customer service and creation of a unique, empowering environment for our people. Empire provides solar energy system installation for use in residential and commercial applications throughout the U.S. with the vision of bringing renewable, reliable, clean energy to all. As people continue to realize the vast benefits of solar (for the planet and their bank account), the demand for our services is growing rapidly and we are expanding our team to meet that demand!
What it’s like to work at ESG
At Empire, we want to empower our people to grow, achieve their goals and make a positive impact in the world. We believe in internal mobility and growth and make it a point to offer opportunities for our employees to problem-solve and take on projects they are passionate about. In addition, we offer a fun and flexible work environment and much more! We know the work of empowering others starts with empowering our employees.
What you will do
As an Inspection Technician, you will focus heavily on using our CRM system to identify the inspections that need to be completed in their assigned territories and jurisdictions. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, prepare documents prior to installation requirements, is responsible for maintaining their assigned territory, skilled in electrical knowledge, knowledgeable with jurisdictions, knowing the solar installation process and be able to troubleshoot a problem when conducting inspections.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing and maintaining a calendar
- Safely opening/closing electrical panels as needed
- Driving a company vehicle
- Working comfortably on roofs
- Traveling within an assigned territory
- Solar/electrical knowledge
- Additional duties required as needed.
- Ability to travel within an assigned territory
- Working independently to create and own scheduling assigned inspections
A little bit about you
You are a dependable person who will maintain a high level of business ethics, professionalism and excellent communication between your Empire co-workers, customers, and management. You are searching for an opportunity to continue and grow in your career. You’re detail-oriented and take pride in your work. You’re comfortable taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Have 1+ years experience in a discipline related to construction or building sciences; estimating or site assessment, PV, energy efficiency experience is preferred
- Possess a trade school or high school degree in a discipline related to construction or building sciences is preferred
- Have an understanding of site assessment, electrical methods, and materials
- Maintain the ability to organize and maintain paper documents, electronic photos, and files
- Have excellent written communication skills to prepare handwritten site assessments
- Have at least 2 years of experience in reading plan sets, specifications, diagrams, material data sheets, and equipment submittals
- Are able to interact, communicate, and provide detailed summaries of work performed to the homeowner and management team
What we’re offering
- W2 full-time position
- Competitive PTO and holiday schedule
- 401k with company matching
- Defined, merit-based career path
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible, fun work environment
- Autonomy and growth
- An open-minded environment that encourages innovation
Empire Solar Group is an equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location that we facilitate. Empire Solar Group is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans.
Click Here To Apply