Infection Preventionist – RN
$7,500 Sign-On Bonus for Full-Time RNs!
through October 31, 2020
Bring your heart to work! Caring people make the difference at American Senior Communities!
Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all our relationships with customers, team members and community at large.
American Senior Communities has proudly delivered patient centered care since the year 2000, with a long history of excellent outcomes. Each of our 80+ American Senior Community is part of the neighborhood in which it exists. Our leaders and staff live in surrounding areas and know the community well. We value the same things in life that you do. The foundation of our senior living communities is based on the knowledge that we’ll be part of your neighborhood for many, many years. We take great pride in our hospitality and it is ingrained in everything we do. As partners in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.
Our commitment to our team members:
- PayActiv – Have immediate access to up to 50% of your pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance available – Plans starting as low as $20 a week
- Paid time off
- Generous Employee Referral Program
- Tuition assistance and up to $500 for certifications
- Volunteer community involvement opportunities
What will you be doing and how will you make a difference at American Senior Communities?
The Infection Preventionist is responsible for the facility’s Infection Prevention and Control Program. The Infection Preventionist is responsible for matching the learning needs of nursing staff and non-nursing staff with educational programs designed to meet dynamic resident care demands. The Infection Preventionist is responsible for assessing educational needs of staff, coordinating programs based upon identified needs, and ensuring compliance with all State and Federal guidelines for infection prevention and control, in-service education and new employee orientation. May serve as the Clinical Education Nurse for the facility.
- A member of the facility’s QAPI program and reports to the committee on the Infection Prevention and Control Program (IPCP) and Antibiotic Stewardship Program on a routine basis and as needed.
- Monitor and tracks healthcare associated infections.
- Provide on-site management of the facility COVID-19 prevention and response activities.
- Conducts infection prevention and control surveillance activities and audits adherence to recommended infection control practices.
- Provides competency-based training of healthcare personnel on infection prevention and control practices.
- Completes Infection Prevention and Control/Antibiotic Stewardship and Clinical Education QAPI summary minutes and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Monitors antibiotic usage and follows Antibiotic Stewardship Program
- Monitors immunization and TB screening for residents and employees. Includes tracking and administering all PPDs and HBV for all staff and new hires. Tracking and administering all PPDs, TB screening, Influenza and Pneumococcal Vaccinations for residents.
- Licensure as Registered Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Clinical experience with an ongoing interest and enthusiasm for creating educational programs that address the unique issues associated with care of the aged.
- Has completed specialized training in infection prevention and control
We are Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Click Here To Apply