MISSION: To inspire health, wellbeing and humanity in our community, through all of life’s stages.
Now in its 26th year, Clínica Tepeyac is a community health center providing integrated physical and behavioral health care to almost 5,000 individuals from across the Denver metro area annually. Clínica Tepeyac has distinguished itself as a dynamic organization dedicated to eliminating health disparities, with a particular strength serving Latino and immigrant communities. Clínica Tepeyac maintains an unwavering commitment to high quality patient care and continual quality improvement, and to treating each patient with the highest level of respect and compassion.
The Front Desk/Enrollment Specialist is the first point of contact for Tepeyac patients. This position is cross trained to cover the Front Desk, the Call Center and the Door Screener. At the Front Desk, this position checks patients in and out for their appointments, determines patient eligibility for programs like CICP and Clínica Tepeyac’s Sliding Fee Discount, and facilitates enrollment for affordable health insurance coverage. In the Call Center, this position serves Tepeyac patients over the phone by scheduling patients, routing calls, confirming appointments, etc. As the Door Screener, this position is the first point of contact with patients greeting them at the front door and checking for COVID symptoms. Additionally, this position represents and reflects the Clínica Tepeyac’s core values, provides excellent customer service to all patients, vendors, customers and the Tepeyac team and works in collaboration with all Tepeyac team members.
A. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: High School diploma or GED required.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in healthcare required; FQHC experience preferred. One year of general office experience including providing telephone support.
- Language: Oral and written fluency in English and oral fluency in Spanish required.
- Ideal Candidate: Has strong initiative and the passion to advocate and provide healthcare to the underserved.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Front Desk and Call Center
· Greet everyone in a welcoming manner.
· Check in patient using the electronic health record (EHR) to notify the provider team that patient is ready for visit.
· Register patients into the (EHR) completely and accurately.
· Coordinate will all departments to ensure patient satisfaction.
· Monitor patient waiting times and coordinate with team members to ensure patient is taken back for visit in a timely manner.
· Identify patients’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and/or request and provide solutions and/or alternatives.
· Provide information to patient on insurance programs, First Health Colorado, PEAK, Presumptive Eligibility, CHP+, CICP, Clinic Rate and/or other programs and services at Clinica Tepeyac.
· Screen and assist patients in completing CICP and clinic discount applications.
· Verify Health First Colorado eligibility on all patients through the State system.
· Schedule, reschedule, confirm and cancel appointments for patients promptly and/or redirect the patient to the correct department/individual. Make appointment reminder calls.
· Inform patients of required documents and/or information needed for appointment.
· Provide support, guidance and ensure completion of all required patient registration documents.
· Ensure all registration documents and/or all other related patient information are scanned into the electronic health record and named correctly.
· Follow all protocols and procedures pertaining to patient confidentiality.
· Manage and direct inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner, direct calls to appropriate departments or individuals in a professional manner and tone. Check voice messages and returns calls within Tepeyac expected time frames.
· Follow procedures for the EHR system and adhere to all confidentiality policies and procedures.
· Mail patient letters and track patient information as needed.
· Maintain adequate forms and supplies in stock.
· Attend meetings, trainings and events as outlined by Tepeyac.
· Create claims for all patient encounters.
· Adjust charges on claims per outlined procedures.
· Collect patient payments over the phone and/or in person.
· Count monies and payments received for the day, runs daily reports in the EHR to balance and follow end of day closing deposit procedures.
· Follow Tepeyac cash handling and deposit policy and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
Front Door Screener
· Ensure appropriate supplies for infection control are available at the front door to welcome patients.
· Greet patients at the front door.
· Screen patients upon arrival for COVID related symptoms. Check patients’ temperatures. Guide patient to appropriate location.
· Communicate with designated “sick” schedule Medical Assistant and Front Desk as necessary via walkie talkie.
· Help maintain the flow with patients in the waiting room and patients waiting out front.
C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Flexible and adaptable. Willing to jump in where needed as the clinic continues to adjust to the demands of COVID.
· Ability to understand, keep up with updates and changes with all program regulations, policies and procedures.
· Highly proficient computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to explain and summarize detailed concepts such as Medicaid/CHP+ Enrollment Process, program benefits, policy and procedures that the general population can understand.
· Sensitivity to low income and ethnic minority community.
· Higher levelmath skills, self-motivated and able to achieve results through good organizational skills, ability to work independently, self-directed and a functional team member, ability to organize and prioritize.
· Ability to multitask, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
· Basic knowledge of health insurance and health service delivery.
· Bilingual English/Spanish.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 with an hour for lunch and every other Saturday 8:00-12:00.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.32 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We provide all of our clinic staff with the necessary PPE to perform their job duties.
- office: 1 year (Preferred)
- healthcare: 2 years (Preferred)
- Spanish (Required)
Click Here To Apply