FIREFIGHTER EMT IN WINNEBAGO, IL
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
American Medical Response (AMR) / Kurtz
Job Title: Firefighter EMT
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Firefighter/EMT s under general supervision perform fire prevention, fire suppression, hazardous material incident response and emergency rescue and medical assistance duties to protect life and property; performs related responsibilities as required.
- Conduct fire safety, home safety, fire extinguisher and pre-fire planning inspections
- Provide information to the public, install smoke detectors, conduct station tours, visit schools, and participate in public education standbys.
- Work involves serving the public.
- Work requires cooperative/supportive interaction with co-workers, supervisors, doctors and other healthcare workers.
- Work requires interaction with representatives of other City departments, other fire departments and local, state and federal agencies.
- Performs fire suppression duties by responding to emergency fire alarms.
- Assists in the suppression of structural, residential, commercial, industrial, chemical, petroleum, vehicle, aircraft and Wildland fires; applying the appropriate extinguishing agents to the source of the fire.
- Operates various pieces of fire equipment and gear for fire suppression and control; drives and operates fire apparatus; search and rescue; ventilation and salvage operations.
- Provides written reports detailing specific firefighting and rescue actions taken on scene
Emergency Medical Services
- Responds to emergency medical calls by evaluating situations.
- Provides emergency and non-emergency medical procedures both on scene and in a moving vehicle.
- Transfers patients to medical facilities.
- Treat patients in accordance with established Emergency Medical Service Protocols and Rural/Metro Fire Department policy.
- Provide written reports detailing patient care.
- Portable radios are used as a means of communication.
- Must conduct all radio communications in a professional, respectful manner.
- Conduct daily and weekly vehicle and equipment inspections as assigned.
- Ensure all vehicle and equipment discrepancies are documented and reported to the on-duty Fire Captain
- Participate in all required training sessions, including, but not limited to; live fire drills, performance evaluation drills, ongoing skills maintenance, practice and training, annual OSHA drills, EMS major skills and any other mandatory Company training.
- Reviews paperwork for accuracy and correct process.
- Implements corrective/preventive measures as determined by the Corporate Compliance/Audit Committee.
- Cooperates with Internal Audit, Compliance and HR on any recommendations and changes to compliance and legal workflow issues.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or GED required.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Employer’s Job# 2020-11197
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account.
Click Here To Apply