1. CRMA has many open positions for Medical Assistant. We have 20+ locations in 10 Metrowest towns. Both part-time and full-time positions available.
2. This positions require fluency in Portuguese.
3. Applicants will be evaluated for all open positions.
4. MAs must have graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program or achieved certification as a Medical Assistant through a national accredited certifying body. Those without either must have at least 1 year of experience and pass a formal exam administered by a national certifying body, approved by CRMA, within 6 months.
5. Most CRMA Medical Assistant positions require phlebotomy and injection skills.
The Medical Assistant assists in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician and by performing various administrative tasks to ensure smooth patient and work flow within the department.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Primary duty is “patient flow”. Tasks include bringing patients from the waiting room to the exam room, taking vitals, updating patient history, updating the electronic medical record, and performing protocol-based tests such as depression screening. At the end of visit, may include escorting patient to the front desk, cleaning the exam room, performing patient education, and following up on any instructions from the physician.
2. Some offices have medical assistants perform check-out functions, such as scheduling next appointment, processing prescriptions, processing referrals, and proofing physician billing sheets.
3. Manage messaging for the physician. Ensure incoming messages are followed up and resolved. Coordinate with other office staff. Perform callbacks under physician direction.
4. Coordinates pre-visit preparations including addressing the special needs of patients (ie comfort measures, communication, and other appropriate issues) and ensuring relevant labs and tests are scheduled and completed prior to office visit.
5. Prepares treatment rooms with appropriate instruments and materials for examination of patients.
6. Perform routine office tests and procedures, such as urinalysis, EKG, phlebotomy, spirometry, and injections.
7. Assists physicians and nurses with minor diagnostic procedures and treatments and by handing instruments and materials to doctor as directed.
8. Cleans and restocks exam room. Completes inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
9. Maintains the strictest confidentiality of any and all patient records, including but not limited to treatment, diagnosis, history, medication, and financial status.
10. Fill in for medical secretaries at the front desk when needed.
11. Performs all other duties and tasks requested to ensure the efficient overall performance of the practice.
1. 2 to 5 years of experience working in a medical practice preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Medical Office Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Click Here To Apply