Are you looking for a fun job with a flexible schedule helping people with disabilities? Be a part of a team that believes everyone has the right to make choices and pursue opportunities to be the person they want to be!
We at Overture have an immediate opening for an entry level position into the social work/psychology field in Cheyenne. This position has an abundant amount of room for growth, so driven employees can achieve rapid advancement!
We are looking for someone who is reliable and committed to helping adults with developmental disabilities reach their goals and realize their potential. The people we serve rely on our staff to be there and support them so we’re looking for someone who is passionate and dedicated to helping others. In addition, this position has abundant room for professional growth for driven individuals!
Responsibilities and Duties
-Implementing and monitoring person-centered plans for the people we serve
-Helping them to learn applicable life skills and reach their personal goals
-Caring for their personal health and safety needs
-Taking people out in the community to enjoy various recreational activities
Qualifications and Skills
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, reliable form of transportation, and pass a background and motor vehicle check. No previous experience required!
Overture is an established provider agency in the state of Colorado that has recently expanded into Cheyenne, Wyoming. Apply online at www.overturecolorado.com/job-openings/ today!
You will thrive in this position if you:
- Are patient, open-minded, and flexible
- Enjoy creative problem-solving
- Enjoy learning about and supporting others
What we value:
- We practice open, honest, and direct communication, we emphasize active listening by hearing others before we speak, and we are congruent in our words and actions.
- We treat others with the utmost respect by engaging in positive interaction with the people we serve, care providers, and coworkers.
- We take responsibility and serve with integrity as we remember the people we serve always come first.
- We promote teamwork and a positive work environment, where everyone feels valued and has fun as we support the mission of our organization.
- We encourage and promote innovation and positive change.
What a typical day looks like:
- Supporting people to volunteer, participate in cultural events, and enjoy recreational activities throughout their communities
- Caring for their personal health and safety needs
- Helping them to learn applicable life skills and reach their personal goals
- Implementing and monitoring person-centered plans for the people we serve
Why work for us:
- Professional development opportunities in our Community, Behavior, or Residential Services
- Gain relevant experience in the healthcare/social services industry
- Online training and continuing education opportunities
- Regular team building and social events hosted by our employee-driven social committee
- Wellness initiatives including monthly wellness challenges
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Voluntary life, critical illness, accident, short term disability
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
Visit our website at https://overturesvs.com/careers to apply!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Auto insurance (Required)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply