CATHERINE KASPER LIFE CENTER, INC.
The Center at Donaldson places a high priority on incorporating our four core values into the daily performance of job responsibilities and leadership skills. These values are: community, dignity and respect for all, openness to the Spirit, and simplicity.
Job Summary: Provides the Catherine Kasper Life Center, Inc., with certified nursing assistant services, including holistic resident care in keeping with established standards, assurance of residents’ safety and quality outcomes through preventative and/or corrective actions, and adherence to deadlines and schedules while maintaining quality.
- Participates in developing talents and skills and fostering a health work environment.
- Respects and supports co-workers.
- Communicates problems to the appropriate person.
- Respects residents’ needs for privacy and confidentiality.
- Paces work to avoid rushing residents.
- Readily offers extra help to the resident when needed.
- Develops and maintains harmonious working relationships with co-workers.
- Responds to psychosocial needs with sensitivity, empathy, listening skills, and therapeutic responses.
- Understands, supports, and respects the right of the resident.
- Demonstrates initiative in foreseeing what needs to be done and performing tasks without being told.
- Keeps supervisor informed of the ongoing status of work assignments and projects.
- Seeks supervisor’s assistance when necessary.
- Completes assigned tasks in time allotted.
- Works scheduled hours unless otherwise excused.
- Charges out all resident care items when item is removed from storeroom.
- Offers suggestions for greater cost effectiveness.
- Meets or exceeds thresholds set on the Catherine Kasper Life Center, Inc., Quality Assurance Plan.
- Follows protocols for thorough resident care.
- Assesses basic nutritional needs and reports changes in intake, assists with feeding as needed, and provides supplemental feedings as instructed.
- Answers call lights within three (3) minutes to determine needs and responds promptly.
- Document by the end of each shift according to facility policy.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent, or actively seeking high school diploma or equivalent
2. Certified Nursing Assistant
On-the-Job Training/Orientation Required:
- Completion of CKLC specific orientation.
- Completion of New-Hire general orientation.
- Modern, friendly, home-like setting with the most current technology and equipment allowed while living our value of simplicity.
- Ability to relate to others on a continuous basis is required.
- Good reasoning, math and language skills as well as written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to make independent judgments on a frequent basis is required.
- Normally works in well-lit, comfortable surroundings.
- May be subject to offensive odors and combative behavior. Modern up-to-date equipment.
- Job minimally requires the ability to lift, turn, and transfer residents; transport by all modes of chairs; ambulate and assist; push carts of various types (i.e., medication, treatment, ice); and, walking and standing 90% of time.
- Must be capable of evacuating residents in an emergency, including but not limited to: 1. A blanket carry, which would require one (1) staff member to drag a resident to safety after placing the resident on a blanket (would need to lift a weight equal to that of the resident); 2. A bed evacuation which would require one (1) staff member to push a resident to safety in a bed (the beds at the Catherine Kasper Home are the Hill-Rom Osprey Long Term Care Beds) which weighs 176 pounds or 80 kilograms; and 3. a two- person carry, which would require the staff member to carry one-half (1/2) the resident’s weight.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, crouching and pushing/pulling is required as well as occasional sitting.
- Frequent pushing/pulling of over 100 lbs. is required.
- Frequent lifting of over 100 lbs. is required.
- Position requires good visual acuity as well as the ability to see color.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, and WORK AIDS:
Electric beds, wheelchairs, walkers, canes, lifts, enablers, oxygen equipment, thermometers, blood pressure equipment, telephone, resident call system for both Catherine Kasper Home and Maria Center, fire extinguishers, and positioning aides.
OSHA CATEGORY OF EXPOSURE:
Category I. Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluid, and/or tissue. Protective equipment is required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Long term care
- Nursing home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Differential pay
- Overtime pay
- CNA (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
- Nursing home
- Non Profit
- Faith Based
Completed license needed:
- Upon starting work
- Within 3 months
- Nurses wear own scrubs
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
Click Here To Apply