CDL-A Tractor Trailer Driver – Regional
Founded in 1906, Schnitzer Steel has become one of the nation’s largest recyclers of scrap metal. Today, Schnitzer operates 95 recycling facilities, including seven deep water ports – on both U.S. coasts and in Hawaii and Puerto Rico – which enable efficient delivery of processed scrap metals to steel mills and foundries around the world. This position offers competitive pay along with a variety of benefits including medical, dental and vision plans for both you and your dependents; 401k with company match, paid time off which starts with your first check, and paid holidays.
Be home every evening and weekend!
Work Hours – Monday-Friday, 7:30 am – 4:30pm
· Regular Full Time Pay (bi-weekly) plus bonus*
· 5-10 hours per week overtime pay
· Full Benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance for you and/or your family
· Paid Time Off
· 401(k) Retirement Plan with Generous Company Match
· Load crushed cars onto flatbed truck ensuring the load is safely secured.
· Unload crushed cars in a safe manner using appropriate safety gear and tools.
· Conduct all pre- and post-trip safety inspections daily
· Maintain all required paperwork such as driver manifests and hours log according to state and federal regulations
· 3 years (36 months) of verifiable CDL-A driving experience in the last 5 years.
· Experience with Roll Off driving
· Ability to pass road test, DOT drug test and background investigation, MVR violation search.
· Class A license required.
· Ability to pass DOT-regulated drug/alcohol test and DOT medical exam
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Dothan, AL 36303 (Required)
- class A (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Do you have 36 months of verifiable Class A driving experience in the last 5 years?
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
Click Here To Apply