Blue Mountain Diagnostics is growing!
We are currently looking for an Experienced Phlebotomist / Medical Assistant to travel to local Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing facilities to help them with their lab collections. We’re looking for someone with great interpersonal skills such as multitasking, compassion, patience, independence, and attention to detail. You should have a certificate in phlebotomy and/or equivalent experience.
If you’re dedicated to your patients and have a firm but kind hand, we’d like to meet you.
We also specialize in providing Covid testing in the surrounding area.
- Learn the Blue Mountain culture and processes (The BMD Way)
- Identify patients and their personal information using their ID, documents or other means
- Reassure patients and help them relax
- Draw blood using sterilized needles, vials and other equipment
- Ensure optimal quality and quantity of samples
- Label samples correctly and ship or deliver them for testing
- Answer patient questions and provide useful information
- Keep accurate records on fluid specimens and tests on the Blue Mountain Manifest
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards while working
- Proven experience as a Phlebotomist or Phlebotomy Technician
- Experience with effective puncture techniques
- Understanding of proper patient identification methods
- Knowledge of legal requirements about drawing blood, handling fluid samples and use of relevant medical equipment and material
- Ability to use computers to enter information
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Patience and presence of mind
- Diploma in Phlebotomy or extensive on-the-job training
- Certification is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
We provide PPE.
- Phlebotomy: 2 years (Required)
- On the road
Click Here To Apply