*PLEASE READ before applying. REQUIRES ENLISTMENT INTO THE ARMY RESERVE
*AGE 17-34 only, must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident, Clean Background
*MUST HAVE High School diploma or GED
*TRANSFERABILITY to Civilian Work
Petroleum laboratory specialists are primarily responsible for supervising or conducting laboratory tests on petroleum, oil and lubricant products.
· Evaluate test results with specification requirements and makes recommendations regarding product disposition
· Receive samples and conduct tests on petroleum products
· Report findings in accordance with American Society for Testing and Materials testing methods
· Apply fire prevention and safety control procedures in handling volatile products
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a petroleum laboratory specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 10 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field, including practice in testing different products.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
· Testing methods
· Use of lab equipment, such as centrifuges and spectrometer
· Interest in chemistry and mathematics
· Ability to follow detailed procedures
· Interest in performing technical work
Required ASVAB Score(s)
Skilled Technical (ST): 91
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with petroleum refineries, chemical companies, manufacturing firms or government agencies. Laboratory technicians often specialize in a particular industry, such as petroleum, food processing or medical drugs.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
· Fuel Delivery Services, Inc.
· JB Hunt Transportation, Inc.
· Jasper Engines and Transmissions
· United Road Services, Inc.
· Atlas Oil Company
· Shell Oil Company
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $30,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Requires enlistment into the US Army Active Duty or Reserve
Click Here To Apply