Position Title: Medical Case Manager
Reports To: Coordinator
Department: Direct Services
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Eligible for benefits
- Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Sociology, Psychology or Nursing. Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred.
- Expertise in case management and client advocacy.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and with critical and emergency situations.
- Understanding of medical and psychosocial issues related to HIV disease and related conditions.
- Some flexibility in work hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Provide the full range of case management services to HIV positive clients assigned to caseload of approximately 40-45 clients.
- Function as a part of the Direct Services team to ensure high quality services are provided to clients.
- Weekly meetings are held at Action Wellness’ main office in Center City.
- Act as medical case manager for individuals and families infected/affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Assess clients’ needs; develop, implement and monitor service care plans.
- Link clients to appropriate medical, mental health, addiction and support services.
- Accompany clients to at least 2 medical visits per year.
- Coordinate and monitor services; assist clients with advocating for entitlements.
- Provide on-site case management in clinics or hospitals as needed.
- Conduct home visits as necessary.
- Collaborate with other service providers and agencies.
- Provide information, education and referral to clients and members of their support system as required.
- Serve as a resource for the community around AIDS-related issues.
- Participate in Action Wellness’ staff and supervisory meetings.
- Complete written documentation of client interactions within two business days.
- Provide intake coverage as assigned.
- Perform other duties as required.
The following performance standards are specific to this position. Meeting or exceeding these standards is an expectation of employment, as is compliance with all other organizational and departmental policies, procedures and expectations.
- Complete all documentation/paperwork concerning client contact and referrals per time frames established in the Direct Service Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Maintain and document at least the minimum contact with each client assigned to caseload as per time frames detailed in the Direct Services Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Maintain a minimum of 450 units of service (15-minute time increment) per month.
- Maintain a strengths-based approach in interactions with clients.
- Proactively advocate for clients, exhausting all available resources.
- Participate in weekly individual supervisory meetings.
- Participate in monthly Group Supervision meetings.
- Attend Direct Service and General Staff Meetings.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of resources, benefits and entitlements necessary to refer clients for services and to advocate for client needs.
- Adhere to core values as outlined in Employee Handbook.
Position Available: Immediately
Action Wellness is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Action Wellness offers a supportive work environment and excellent benefits.
All resumes will be retained for one year. No calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Case Management: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Click Here To Apply