- Masters or Doctorate Degree in Speech Language Pathology
- 2 years clinical experience
- License to practice in Illinois or eligibility as a Speech Language Pathologist.
- CPR certified May be exposed to hazardous materials and life~threatening diseases.
- Direct contact with body fluids
- Off campus locations
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, transferring patients. Ability to perform heavy lifting (lifting 50 to 100 pounds occasionally and/or 25 to 50 pounds frequently and/or 10 to 20 pounds constantly.)
- Services also provided on weekends and holidays and during early evening hours.
- This position will need to recognize needs and behaviors of a variety of age groups of patients treated. Prior experience with various age groups is required. Evidence of this can be shown by recognizing levels of development and modifying approach and exhibiting communication skills necessary to interpret age or developmental specific responses.
- This requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 08/01/2014. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case~by~case basis.
To provide Speech~Language Pathology services to patients/clients with communication and swallowing disorders. These services include assessment, treatment, program planning, implementation, related documentation and communication.
Performance of evaluations and treatment in a thorough and timely manner in accordance with established departmental and professional standards and procedures resulting in clinically accurate Speech~Language Pathology plan of care.
Professional development and assistance with clinical education programs.
Participation in CQI programs and /or hospital/system committees, task forces, etc. Stays abreast of clinical and operational developments.
Documentation follows guidelines set forth by Accrediting Organization, ASHA, Managed Care and Rehab Services Policy and Procedure.
Maintain efficiency of treatment by coordinating activities with other Rehabilitation Service personnel, nursing, medical staff, and other ancillary departments.
Promotes of Speech~Language Pathology to internal rehabilitation associates, other departments and the community.
Other duties as assigned . Therapist assigned to inpatient stroke units will receive an initial two hours stroke education and one hour annual education.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 – $2.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- SLP Pediatric: 2 years (Required)
- SLP Pediatric feeding: 2 years (Required)
- IL SLP (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply