NOTE: If you are a current NC State Government employee, you will not be considered for a temporary assignment. Temporary Solutions cannot accommodate dual employment.
Individuals hired into a temporary State job must be fully qualified for the job. OSHR supports the Governor’s Job Ready initiative and seeks to expand a temporary’s skill set to enhance their qualifications for State government and private sector jobs. Exposure to an agency’s culture, process, procedures and potential learning opportunities can provide valuable experience to those who may ultimately seek permanent employment with the state.
This part-time temporary position is located in Black Mountain – Buncombe County. There are no leave, medical insurance or retirement benefits offered with this position. Visit www.nctemporarysolutions.com for employment information.
Job Order Hourly rate of pay: $18.00 (Based on education and/or years of related work experience)
Average 29 hours per work week
This part-time temporary position will be assigned to the Department of Health & Human Services – Black Mountain Neuro-Medical Treatment Center. Major duties of this position include the following: repair and assemble specialized equipment (hospital beds, ARJO tubs, lifts, etc.); plumbing repair and installation of new bathrooms and bathrooom fixtures, water, sewer, and steam line installation and repair; refrigeration and electrical repairs and installation of any related items such as water coolers, freezers, ice makers, electrical switches, receptacles, lamps, lights, etc.
[NOTE: Qualified applicants must meet and CLEARLY reflect on their application training and experience and all knowledge, skills, abilities and any experience or competencies specified in the supplemental question(s) to be considered.]
- Ability to work from written work orders and verbal instructions with percision and accuracy
- Ability to work from instruction manuals, blueprints and sketches; comply with state, federal and local codes
- Demonstrated experience in construction and mechanical trades such as welding, pipe filtting, electrical and plumbing
- Good or corrected eyesite and hearing abilities
- Able tp read and write legibly
- Must be physically able to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Must have valid driver license to operate State vehicle
Click Here To Apply