The Unit Secretary performs clerical duties within the nursing unit. He or she works directly with all members of the nursing unit and indirectly with other ancillary departments, physicians, patients, and their families.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Arrange resident appointments. Set up transportation to and from those appointments.
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- Prepares new resident charts. Closes out charts upon discharge.
- Maintaining the nurses’ station and answering the telephone
- Additional responsibilities as requested by the Director of Nursing/Supervisor and/or charge nurse
Palatine Nursing Home offers competitive salaries including weekend and night shift differentials.
Our nursing home is conveniently located just minutes off of the NY State Thruway I-90 Exit 29 right outside of Canajoharie.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Computer skills required
- Previous Unit Secretary experience preferred
- Medical terminology preferred
- Excellent attendance, professional appearance and positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.80 – $12.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Unit Secretary: 1 year (Preferred)
Click Here To Apply