Job Title: Interpreter (Spanish)
Job ID: 416
Pay Rate: DOE
Hours/Days: Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm (PST)
Job Status: Part-Time
Location: Tacoma and Federal Way, WA
CulturaLink partners with healthcare organizations to improve patient-centered care and to create an effective, diverse workforce through services focused on diversity, inclusion and cultural competence. We provide hundreds of healthcare providers with best-in-class consulting along with comprehensive translation and interpretation services in more than 200 languages. At CulturaLink, you will have the opportunity to be part of a thriving environment, where you will have the ability to provide meaningful services to the community.
CulturaLink is seeking qualified and professional interpreters to provide highly proficient interpretation services in both English and Spanish in support of customers and medical providers. Working as a medical interpreter will provide the communication bridge between medical providers and non-English speaking patients. The new incumbent will require individuals who has the experience and ability to handle a high volume of medical interpreting for on-site assignments for healthcare provider(s) in a professional medical environment. The interpreter will provide consecutive and / or simultaneous Spanish interpretations to enhance comprehension of medical terminology and updates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide foreign language interpreting to enable understanding and successful communication between individuals with limited English proficiency (LEP) and providers and staff.
- Provide sight-translation of English or Spanish documents as required.
- Adheres to interpreter standards of practice and code of ethics.
- Provide education to individuals and provider/staff on culturally specific values, beliefs, and practices that are relevant to the encounter.
- Effectively relay concepts and ideas between languages.
- Thoroughly understand the discussion subject matter to effectively convert source language to target language.
- Remain sensitive to the cultures associated with the languages of expertise while interpreting.
- Maintains compliance and confidentiality during all interpretations.
- Confidentiality during regarding all interpretations.
- Use oral communication techniques to effectively deliver services.
- Attend scheduled training or appointments as required.
- Maintain appointment calendar to ensure that all appointments are met.
- Provide quality seamless service to internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- General computer skills and knowledge of MS Suite / Office programs.
- Ability to render precise, accurate interpretation without omissions or additions.
- Ability to remain impartial in all situations relating to both patient and provider.
- Ability to correctly provide culturally necessary information as needed.
- Adhere to the NCIHC Code of Ethics & Standards of Practice.
Proficient Language Requirement (Spanish)
- 1 – 5 years translating or interpreting experience required.
- Experience working in a hospital or medical setting is strongly preferred.
Education Certification Required:
- Certified or working towards certification: CCHI or NBCMI
- 40 Hour Medical Interpreter Training I.E (Bridging the Gap or The Community Interpreter)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $19.00 – $27.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Interpreting: 1 year (Required)
- 40 Hour Medical Interpreter Training (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
- Multiple locations
Click Here To Apply