This is a full-time, remote position (Washington DC metro-area preferred) working collaboratively with colleagues across the US and Europe.
About Us: Sulzer US, LLC is a dynamic and innovative mature start-up delivering cloud, big data, and user experience custom software solutions to industry-leading clients. We offer talent a place to refine their skills, apply their personal passions, and work on meaningful projects for world’s leading brands. Our solutions range from software supporting electrical charging networks to complex product configurators. We also believe in giving back to the world community and are dedicated to pro-bono initiatives for organizations such as the Jane Goodall Institute.
Who You Are: Sulzer US is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to design and develop various web applications for clients and proprietary products. You will work collaboratively with a team of software developers and project managers to analyze user requirements and design, coordinate, supervise, and contribute to the development of software applications. You will oversee 1-2 technical teams and their technical leads, while working with the client to understand the landscape and how our solutions fits into the big picture. As a leader, you enjoy managing and growing teams of passionate technologists, and recognizing new opportunities for growth. While interacting with clients, you have the ability actively listen so that you can uncover client opportunities.
What You Bring to the Team:
- An ability to see the big picture and visualize how the application integrates with other systems.
- Fluency with backend programming languages such as Java/JEE.
- Working knowledge of modern frameworks such as Spring Boot.
- Proficiency in databases such as MongoDB and SQL.
- Sound knowledge of software design principles, such as microservices and SOAs.
- Experience in all stages of the SDLC.
- Experience interfacing with APIs.
- A solid understanding of algorithms and data structure.
- Ability to use critical thinking and sound judgement.
- Interest in working with cloud computing platforms, experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage team resourcing and project planning.
- Prior experience as a manager/lead working with cross-functional teams.
- Working knowledge of industry trends and technologies.
- Great communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
What to Expect from Our Technical Selection Process:
While an advanced degree is not required, we seek passionate technologists who possess both technical and soft skills to excel on our team. Our selection process is designed to assess the whole candidate and foster a mutual match for you and us. The process includes:
- Apply by submitting your resume; cover letters are optional.
- The Sulzer US Hiring Team reviews your application.
- If your skills meet the position requirements, you will receive a link to complete a Codility Test. Here we will assess your technical and problem-solving skills. Once submitted, a technical team member will grade and rank your test.
- Introductory Phone Interview with a member of the Sulzer US Hiring Team to discuss what you are looking for in a role, as well as answer any high-level questions about us.
- Virtual Technical Interview using Codility or Microsoft Teams with your future peers, diving into your technical and problem-solving skills.
- Final Interview, either video or in-person, to enable our leaders to get to know you and give you the opportunity to share all your burning questions about Sulzer US, our culture, and your desired role.
What are the Benefits of Joining Our Team?
At Sulzer US, we take ultimate pride in our employees! By choosing a career with us, you gain the perks of choosing from three comprehensive medical plans to fit your needs, as well as receiving accrual-based PTO days, paid sick leave, flexible work hours, and a parental leave program. Enjoy a laid-back workplace with casual dress attire, ticket and event discount savings, and company celebrations – both in and out of the office! We provide continuous learning and development opportunities, a 401(k) plan, and an employee referral program because we’re always looking for great people to join the team!
Click Here To Apply