The Registered Nurse independently plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care in patient care situations using standards of care and policy and procedure. Provides direct nursing care to patients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish IV access
- Administers prescribed IV therapies, including biological products, in accordance with nursing standards and under the direct supervision of a physician.
- Responsible for the insertion and maintenance of the IV line as well as the care of the patient receiving the therapy
- Monitors patients and assists them in being compliant with prescribed treatment plan.
- Must be proficient in accessing ports, PICC lines and start IV’s.
- Oversees infusion schedules and maintains timely flow of patients.
- Oversees the infusion room including working with License Practical Nurses and Medical Assistants.
- Updates the patient chart utilizing Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a health care facility or private physician office preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Florida.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association required.
Job Type: Temporary
- 401(k) matching
- 8 hour shift
- Associate (Preferred)
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Acute Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Required)
- RN License (Required)
Click Here To Apply