In Cano Health we are currently looking for a Physician who will provide health care for individuals in the Clinic commensurate with training and in accordance with the general policies and standards of practice, as established by the clinic. Delivers care appropriate for the center with a multicultural patient population. Elicits detailed patient histories and conducts complete physician examinations. Reaches diagnosis and orders appropriate laboratory tests and referrals, etc., as well as counsels patients and family on health and disease.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Physician reports directly to our Medical Director and is primarily responsible for the provision of high-quality medical care to our patients.
- Provide all physician care generally provided at a family practice or managed care facility.
- Actively manage all aspects of patient care while on shift. Supervise and direct the center’s other clinical staff (Medical Assistants, X-Ray Technicians, etc.).
- Collect biological specimens and process them in the laboratory for testing.
- Ensure that all charts and medical records are accurately completed in a timely manner, and adhere to all clinical policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the delivery of care, treatment, and referrals.
- Arrange for referral resources for those medical specialties not provided at the urgent care center.
- Evaluate patients, based on medical training and/or specialty, to determine the medical condition of the patient, through the performance of physical examinations, thereby, establishing a diagnosis and proposed treatment plan.
- Maintain a high standard of medical practice and participate in the training development of the medical team.
- Assist in the medical education of both the patients and clinic staff.
- Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings; refer and transfer patients for follow-up and/or specialty care and discharge patients.
- As a member of the health care team, exemplify an example in attitude toward patients and staff, thereby, performing duties with respect, dignity, privacy, and modesty to the patients.
- Participate in the development of clinic protocols and formulary.
- Make recommendations, suggestions, etc., on chart information forms.
- Document each on-site/in-office procedure, prescription, consultation and patient contact in the patient’s chart and on the clinic’s encounter forms, within a 24-hour period.
- Counsel patient regarding medical and other problems which might affect the patient’s health and well-being.
- Perform such clinical procedures for the patient’s benefit which are within scope and skill of the practitioner and which are economically feasible.
- Provide direction and leadership to the clinic’s medical support staff, regarding the administering of a patient’s care.
- Provide supervision in case assignment to nurse practitioner/physician assistant, including sign off on charts, where applicable.
- Perform other job-related duties, as may be assigned, by the Chief Medical Officer.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
No supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience
- Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) and valid unencumbered license to practice the profession
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Current active Federal and State DEA License
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Proven experience as a Physician
- Strong understanding of examination methodologies and diagnostics
- Excellent knowledge of infectious diseases, their symptoms, and epidemiology
- Broad knowledge of common medication, side effects, and contraindications
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and medicine best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Respect for patient’s confidentiality
- Compassionate and approachable
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred but not required
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under usual office conditions. The employee is required to work at a personal computer as well as be on the phone for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, sit, walk and occasionally climb. The incumbent must be able to work extended and flexible hours and weekends as needed. Physical demands include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work will involve some driving/traveling to assigned clinics.
For more details, please visit www.canohealth.com
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Primary Care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Spanish (Preferred)
Click Here To Apply