The Personal Care Assistant Non Certified is responsible for providing routine daily nursing care to assigned patients (after successful completion of a competency skills checklist) under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be currently enrolled in a State approved CNA program
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm as well as willingness to handle difficult patients
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life CaresCode of Conductand completes mandatoryCode of Conductand other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to lift, turn, move, position, and transport patients under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse
- Must be able to assist patients with baths, showers, personal grooming, feeding, and toileting under the direct supervisor of a licensed nurse
- Must be able to accurately document and chart patient care
- Must be able to respond to call lights promptly
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Our residents and patients matter most at Life Care Centers of America. Whether youre looking for short-term rehab as you recover from surgery or youre needing some extended medical care, our skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers are here for you.
Click Here To Apply