BW Mitchum Trucking (located in Mt. Pleasant, SC) is looking for a Class A Diesel Mechanic/Technician who has experience with Detroit, Cat, Cummins and/or Volvo engines. Must have a current driver’s license and tools.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Proven ability with certified engine systems diagnostics
- Wiring schematics and after treatment systems
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
Benefits: Salary Based on Experience
- Major Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Vacation/Sick Days
Become part of our team. Call 843.376.0178 for more information.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 per hour
- Diesel Mechanic: 3 years (Required)
- Mount Pleasant, SC (Required)
- CDL Class A (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- ASE (Preferred)
- One location