Head of Social and Content Marketing
WHO IS BECOME KNOWN?
We are a diversified media group designed to build brands and grow companies for today’s marketplace. Operating as a brand partner, we obsessively focus on conquering our [internal & external] clients’ business targets, launching products – and bringing captivating content, partnerships and experiences to life.
WHAT’S IT LIKE TO WORK AT BECOME KNOWN?
Well, let’s start with the fact that we’re a group of people who’ve come together to do our life’s work. We all possess similar philosophies on life – and we carry out those out in our daily work. You can see it in our actions, which are defined by our “Core Behaviors.” We hire based on CULTURE FIT, not technical fit. We can train the tech. You can’t train behaviors. We have purpose. We have meaning. We’re using Become Known as a conduit to become better people. To have a greater impact on those around us, our families, our friends, our community – and our world. We’re building something great. Together.
Before applying, we highly encourage you to see exactly who we are by visiting becomeknown.com/about-us.
NOW, LET’S TALK ABOUT YOUR CAREER!
We are currently looking for an extremely creative, wicked smart, freakishly passionate and highly-driven individual for the role of Head of Social and Content Marketing at the Become Known Group.
While Become Known is an agency at heart, which keeps us nimble, independent & creative – we also own & operate numerous B2B and B2C companies focused on delivering products & services to various verticals. At present, the vast majority of our time is dedicated to supporting the growth of these incredible brands. From time-to-time, we sprinkle in external clients, but never to the detriment of our own companies. Your primary role will be leading AND consistently executing our social media, content & SEO strategies for these [we think] incredible businesses: Become Known, Hotcards, WAAV, Zero Many, Dreison Health, Dreison International (and related companies), Putt Boss and Red Space.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for hiring, coaching & managing a small, yet highly efficient, effective and intelligent team of community managers, content creators & copywriters – as well as a trove of external service providers. You’ll also work alongside supportive and talented Project Managers, Department Managers, Creative Directors, Digital Strategists and world-class marketers. This role will report directly to our group’s Creative Chairman & CEO, directly driving business growth – and helping each business become known!
*Please read the “Skills You Need” section for critically important personal attributes that will be paramount to your success.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- First and foremost, demonstrate domain/role authority through LEADING Become Known’s social, content and SEO initiatives, not just executing them. We are looking for someone already smarter than us in this department – not someone we need to teach.
- Develop & manage a first-in-class, highly scalable influencer program that efficiently manages influencer relationships, affiliate partnerships, as well as revenue share/fixed sponsorship payments (we use some very expensive software to enable all this!)
- Develop & deploy strategies that drive significant user-generated content.
- Manage all aspects of our brands’ SEO initiatives. Be able to do more than just talk the talk – but otherwise know how to hire targeted experts to handle specific (often short-term) projects.
- Develop & deploy multiple content marketing initiatives, including Email Nurture/funnel campaigns, organic search ranking driven by authoritative on-site content, webinar programs that feature our leadership, authoritative content promotion through our sales channels (ie. consistent & structured LinkedIn content deployed through our Enterprise Sales Teams, tied to automated funnels)
- Perform research on trends, audience preferences – and develop social personas that drive our KPIs.
- Create and implement a combination of growth-strategy and execution systems & techniques.
- Hire, coach, manage and oversee all community managers and external service providers (whether it be freelancers on Upwork, to some of the best video production agencies in America)
- Deploy social listening, and always-relevant content strategies.
- Systematically (you’ll notice a theme with systems!) track and monitor social media presence to ensure content being shared is valuable and engaging and being targeted to the right audience.
- Be a true brand ambassador, demonstrate deep understanding of the brand, and be able to articulate brand value and ethos. Display a bumper sticker from at least one of our companies… seriously!
- Systematically establish/monitor KPIs and standardized reporting that deliver insightful and actionable data to your counterparts on the executive team & ownership team. Coordinate and execute highly-targeted, data-driven campaigns that display attribution in these reports.
- Manage social presence for the Become Known family of companies (mentioned in the “Now Let’s Talk About Your Career! section), as well as external clients – across social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, Pinterest and ratings/ review sites.
- Create & manage an editorial calendar to manage content 30-60 days out – and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Manage the workflow, to-dos and allocation of a small sized team of social and content strategists.
- In partnership with our Creative Director, Director of Voice and Creative Chairman & CEO, develop and ensure brands’ tone of voice and approach is maintained in all content and responses, and work to continually evolve our social content, listening and community management capabilities.
- Integrate organic and paid media strategies to ensure efforts are in line with overall business goals.
- Act as PR lead for potential crisis and risk situations across the organization.
- Deploy systems to communicate social platform-derived client messaging with customer service teams across all lines of business to ensure escalations of social complaints are quickly and effectively handled.
- Take lead in coordinating the production of high-quality video and photography based content.
SKILLS YOU NEED:
- Do what you say you’re going to do – and if you overpromise, communicate that well in advance of MISSING a deadline. This is #1 for a reason.
- Be an ORGANIZATION AND SYSTEMS FREAK. This includes how you live your life, approach your work – and manage your time & to-do lists. You leverage systems and software to automate everything you can – while simultaneously improving the quality of your outcomes. If you’re this type of freak who is equally creative, no further explanation needed. If you’re not, please pass.
- 7+ years of marketing experience – and 5+ years specifically in social & content marketing. If you do not have a job history of leading social/content strategy & execution, overseeing community management, managing influencer/affiliate marketing campaigns and utilizing enterprise social media tools – you will not be considered for this role. Note that we don’t care about degrees. Just EXPERIENCE & pure TALENT.
- You’ve already mastered Google Docs, G-Suite, Google Analytics, calendar invites, Salesforce (or similar CRM), Wrike (or similar PM software), Zoom and SEVERAL highly-sophisticated industry-specific SaaS platforms – and be QUICK about learning/mastering new ones.
- Be ridiculously curious, all the time. There is ALWAYS a better way.
- Expert interpersonal skills, both written and spoken. Your an amazing story teller (catch that?)
- Thrive in a fast paced, high volume environment. Our companies are growing fast. Long work-weeks should be scared of you. *Note that elements of “social” require 24/7 attendance, even if you put a team in place to manage this, it still rolls up to your responsibility.
- Experience in applying design principles to translate concepts and information into visuals (e.g., photos, infographics, video) that engage targeted audiences.
- Excellent presentation & communication skills.
- Deep expertise with quantitative research and data analysis – with the ability to clearly communicate insights, analytics and findings across numerous mediums and toolsets. You know how to create a pivot table in GSheets.
- Experience writing Standard Operating Procedures, contracts, and related documentation.
- Experience managing people.
- Experience in D2C.
Base salary will start at $90,000/year, plus benefits. Due to the nature of this role having several elements of direct attribution to revenue & profit growth, we’ll work with you to design an additionally lucrative performance-based bonus structure. Other perks include: 100% healthcare coverage, dental, vision & life insurance benefits, generous paid vacation & PTO policy, flexible hours & work-from-home options, as well as insanely creative, downtown offices with an always-on rooftop patio. We’re also the parent company to other cool companies including, a design & printing company (Hotcards) – and an on-site, popular event venue (Red Space), where you often get dibs at early access to cool events (post-COVID of course!).
APPENDIX (YEP, LONGEST CAREER POST EVER, WE DON’T CARE):
Here’s a nice little sniff test to see if you’ll thrive in our Culture:
- People call you amazing, honest, passionate and fun as all-get-out!
- You are just plain fun to be around. People love working with you. You get invited everywhere. You are a people-person. People think you’re “on something” – when you’re actually just high on life.
- You are able to communicate solutions clearly and consistently to teammates and stakeholders. You help them understand complex things with ease – like why 5 minutes seems longer when you’re outside the bathroom, than in it.
- You take great joy in AMAZING people by doing the small things, often. You know rare moments of greatness are NO substitute for consistency.
- You understand there is no “I” in team, or in Become Known. That’s our spelling test. Boom.
- You are all about the Internet. In fact, you would probably rather not live, than attempt to live without it.
- You are an information fiend. If you don’t know the answer, you seek it out no matter what it takes – and you do it with lightning speed. You were always the first to find Waldo back in the day!
- You are more flexible than Gumby. You know that being part of an innovative culture means rapid and constantly shifting priorities. You live for the challenge.
- You are excited about working in a tight-knit company, making the best of friends – living and breathing the Become Known culture, Core Behaviors and How We Work ethos – everyday.
- You do not have “rough mornings.” Period. Thank you.
- You realize the details don’t mean much… they mean EVERYTHING! You maintain a laser focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
We’re following all government mandated req’s for our facilities. We also provide our teams w/masks, sanitizers, socially-distanced workstations. Also, our lead project right now just so happens to be launching a suite of chem-free sanitizing devices!
- Social & Content Marketing: 5 years (Required)
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company’s Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Click Here To Apply