Who we are:
Jamf, the standard for Apple in the enterprise, extends the legendary Apple experience people love to businesses, schools, and government organizations by simplifying Mac, iPad, iPhone and Apple TV deployment, management and security — anytime, anywhere.
We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for helping people make sense of technology – freeing nurses to care, teachers to teach and businesses to thrive. We take pride in making meaningful impact for tens of thousands of customers around the globe, all the while getting to work with the best Apple infrastructure and security platform in the world. We have over 1,300 employees worldwide with offices in the U.S., Europe, Japan, and Australia. To learn more visit: https://www.jamf.com/careers.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
At Jamf, we empower people to be their best selves and do their best work. The Cloud Operations Engineer I is a part of the global Cloud Operations team within Cloud & Delivery and works with other Cloud Operations Engineers, SysAdmins, Security Operations Engineers and other departments such as Support and Customer Success. In this role they provide installation, monitoring, tuning, backup, recovery, and issue resolution for the Linux-based cloud infrastructure used in delivering Jamf technologies and services to our customers. Top priority for Cloud Operations Engineers is responding to and resolving alerts along with resolving cases (service requests). All Cloud Operations Engineers are responsible for maintaining operation of the environment in accordance with processes, procedures that support our Security, Compliance requirements as well as our service level agreements.
- Respond, acknowledge, resolve and successfully close alerts.
- Work cases (service requests) that support our customers needs for such things as scheduled maintenance, upgrades, IP white listing, Product Issue workarounds, etc..
- Participate in patching, mass upgrades and other planned maintenance activities.
- Monitor Linux system, database, and network performance to detect problems early and respond within an SLA
- Effectively triage emergent situations, and resolve or escalate incidents in accordance with an SLA
- Configure and maintain server auditing and network monitoring tools
- Develop and implement performance tuning steps for application, system, and network configurations
- Maintain and expand technical documentation of processes and procedures.
- Follow our processes and procedures, follow up on any compliance related needs related to your work which may also include providing evidence for our annual compliance audits.
- Participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation – roughly 1 week per quarter
- Participate in system administration duties for cloud-based server infrastructure
- Some rotational duties within Cloud Operations Engineering may be assigned as appropriate depending on business needs and skill set.
- Develop and maintain an advanced level of knowledge of Jamf products
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- 4 year / Bachelor’s Degree or 2 year / Associates Degree (Preferred)
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
- No Licensure or Certification Required
- 0 – 2 Years experience in an IT operations environment (Required)
- 0 – 2 Years Systems Administration experience, on any platform (Required)
- 0 – 2 Years experience working with Linux/Unix command line interfaces, including shell scripting (Required)
- Knowledge of basic programming/scripting tasks in Bash, PHP, and Python (Preferred)
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals such as DNS, DHCP, Load balancing, and Firewalls (Preferred)
- General Experience managing priorities and responding effectively to emergent incidents both independently and with a team (Required)
How we help you reach your best potential:
- We are progressive, but laid back. You are free to be you and work how you work best. Here, you manage your own day and your own work style.
- Our people are what make us great, and we protect our people. Jamfs across the globe receive a superior compensation and benefits package.
- Everyone has a voice and everyone can make a difference, our more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- Opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 36,000 global customers with the best Apple Device Management solution in the world
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us.
- Ability to support and give back to your community through volunteer paid time off.
- We embrace all perspectives. Our employee led I&D groups encourage employees to make real, actionable differences here at Jamf.
- Ability to grow in your professional career through advancement opportunities, including tuition reimbursement for those obtaining a degree.
- 23 of 25 world’s most valuable brands rely on Jamf to do their best work (as ranked by Forbes).
- Over 100,000 Jamf Nation users, the largest online IT community in the world.
- 14,000 schools globally trust Jamf to help them succeed with Apple.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, genuine and willing to help, always. You support the team around you, you don’t point fingers or pass blame. You take responsibility for your actions, are open, and respect others. You value different perspectives, in how you work and how you learn. You are naturally inquisitive, like to create and be creative. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You put people first. You are a good person, someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We focus on the human before we focus on the technology. We are just good people that have it at their core to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees and our communities.
Get social with us: Instagram, LinkedIn, & Facebook
Follow the conversation at #onejamf
Click Here To Apply