Southwest Products is a leading manufacturer of quality service vehicles, commercial power generation equipment, and leading distributor of high-performance diesel and gas engines for many applications and industries. Southwest Products offers a competitive total compensation plan which includes a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account participation, Paid Time Off (“PTO”), as well as company-paid holidays, and a generous 401K match program. We are looking to add two independent driven Service Technicians to our team in Galt, CA.
Primary Duties Include:
- Assist journeyman technicians with the troubleshooting, diagnose malfunctions and failures on diesel engines, generators, service truck cranes and SWP lube trucks. Will also repair, recondition and maintain the equipment.
- Follow direction from Leads and Journeyman Techs to diagnose and repair diversified equipment.
- Adhere to all applicable safety policies and work safely at all times.
- Communicate status on jobs including labor, parts, cause and corrections to Leads and Service Advisor.
- Manage your time to ensure maximum productivity, by constant communication with your Lead and Service Advisor.
- Maintain shop work areas to keep them clean and safe.
- Perform shop tool maintenance and clean up as needed.
- Participate in brand specific training classes offered online.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What we need from you:
- Mechanical apptitude is required.
- Willingness to work with management and technicians to further develop technical skills.
- Solid computer skills to include working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Basic Math Skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with proper individuals to clarify instructions or discuss scope or progress of jobs.
- High school graduate.
- Classes in automotive repair, diesel engine repair or metal fabrication a plus.
- Knowledge and skills to operate and understand diagnostic equipment including computerized instrumentation is a plus.
- Required to sit, stand, walk, climb, squat and kneel frequently.
- Required to use hands and reach outward frequently.
- Required to lift or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to weather extremes.
- Air travel for training may be required.
- Safety work shoes are required for this position (slip resistant, steel toe boots or composite toe boots), partial reimbursement will be provided per company’s Safety Footwear policy.
- Traditional work schedule to include occasion evenings, weekends and holidays to meet business needs as required.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
Click Here To Apply