Medical Technologist Weirton Medical
Top Reasons to Work at Weirton Medical
Sign on Bonus, Health, Dental, Vision Insurance offered, 403B Retirement Plan, Free Parking, Free Gym, Easy Access.
Medical Technologist Will Be Responsible For:
- Obtains or receives specimens, performs a variety of standardized tests including advanced and specialized tests using techniques and equipment.
- Interprets results as to accuracy, acceptability and critical limits.
- Enters data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results into medical record within required timeframes.
- Conducts maintenance, performance checks and calibrates instruments in one or more laboratory area.
- Recognizes biohazards specimens and processes the specimen accordingly.
- Evaluates media, reagents and standards according to established criteria.
- Conducts established quality control procedures on analytical tests, instruments, reagents, media and other products.
- Evaluates results of quality control, implements corrective action when indicated, and documents action.
- Assesses the validity of laboratory results through correlation of data with patient chart information.
Medical Technologist Qualifications
What You Will Need:
B.A. or B.S. Degree; Degree in Medical Technology preferred.
Must be registered with American Society of Pathologists or be registered with an equivalent national registry.
One year of clinical internship, experience in Laboratory procedures required.
+Go to www.weirtonmedical.com/employment/ to apply. Please attach a resume.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.50 – $26.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Signing bonus
- hospital lab: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- ASCP (Required)
- What are your wage requirements?
- One location
Click Here To Apply