At Amedisys whether we’re caring for patients directly or supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional, clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and families every day.
In home health, you’ll be a true advocate engaging patients throughout their coordinated health care journey all while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you’re looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
Provides social worker assessment and treatment; assisting patients and families in the patient’s place of residence as prescribed by a Physician. The Social Worker assists the patient and family with health related financial, social and emotional concerns and assists with effective coping skills.
- Provides Social Work Services in accordance with the Physician’s plan of care.
- Demonstrates competency in the skills required by the care center.
- Performs accurate and comprehensive assessments.
- Ensures that changes in the patient’s clinical status are communicated to other healthcare team members and the care center office staff in a timely manner (documented communication in the patient’s record).
- Coordinates care planning and delivery with the physician, patient/ family, other healthcare team members to facilitate optimal patient outcomes.
- Provides medical social work interventions and treatment based on an ongoing patient assessment/ reassessment and in accordance with Physician orders.
- Educates the patient and family members and other team members on medical social work interventions and treatment plan.
- Performs care planning, transfer and discharge functions in accordance with care center policy and applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team conferences/ patient care conferences in accordance with care center policy.
- Develops, prepares and maintains individualized patient care progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to policies. Submits accurate and timely documentation per care center policy.
- Identifies risks or threats to the patient’s health in the patient’s environment and promptly implements appropriate interventions to reduce risks. Communicates identification of risks/ threats to the patient to the Physician and other members of the healthcare team to coordinate care effectively.
- Maintains knowledge of community resources, identifying appropriate resources to meet patient and family needs to facilitate optimal outcomes.
- Keeps abreast of social work trends and knowledge.
- Adheres to all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Complies with the care center’s policies.
- Participates in the agency’s Quality Assessment Performance Improvement Program and activities.
- Participates in in-service programs and provides educational in-service programs to agency staff as requested.
Holds a Master’s or Doctoral degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; and
- Has 1 (one) year of social work experience in a health care setting.
- Meets state and federal requirements for this position.
- Current CPR certification
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Most states specifically require a professional state license or certification to practice as a Medical Social Worker in home health. (LGSW, LMSW, LCSW, LICSW, LISW, CMSW)
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Click Here To Apply