The Restaurant Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager and supporting him/her by completing tasks as directed. He/she is responsible for directing the flow of food through the dining room and for supervising all front of the house staff.
- Oversees the Dining Room Area and the supervision of all Front of the House service staff in accordance with operating policies.
- Responsible for ensuing that proper food handling procedures and presentation are being met by the staff.
- Responsible for completing Performance Reviews and making recommendations for the promotion, hiring, and advancement of front of the house personnel. Once completed he/she will then forward all reviews and recommendations to the General Manager for final approval.
- Responsible for the training, supervising, and termination of all front of the house personnel in conjunction with the General Manager
- Observance of all Billy’s at the Beach Polices and Procedures.
- Handle customer complaints.
- Responsible for reviewing financial transactions and monitoring the budget to ensure that expenditures stay within budget limitations.
- Responsible for scheduling Restaurant Staff in the Labor Scheduler on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for forecasting labor cost for the Restaurant department and presenting those figures to the General Manager for approval on a weekly basis.
- Participate in and pass alcohol awareness and safety training classes
- 3+ years of experience as a Manager in a high volume atmosphere
- Consistent and stable work history, progressive career growth
- Previous high volume restaurant experience (minimum $5m annual operations)
- Knowledge of P&< management of prime costs; Food, Liquor, Labor, Controllables
- Experience in accurate scheduling/forecasting
- Proven track record and progressive work history in 4+ starred operations
- Proficient Wine, Beer and Cocktail knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Proficient at interdepartmental communication; Kitchen, Events, Sales, etc.
- Delegation; provide examples of when/when not to delegate
- Strong leadership skills and experience in managing large teams, restaurant staff, etc
- Must be able to create and maintain a team atmosphere with in the department and ensure that employees are appropriately trained and have an adequate work load.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills with a working knowledge MS Excel, MS Word, MS Office, and Outlook.
- Technology fluent; HotSchedules, Ctuit/Compeat, Open Table, Restaurant 365, etc.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate in English.
- Full-time including nights, weekends, and holidays; 50-60 hours per week
- Schedule may fluctuate based on departmental requirements.
- Physical demands include light work, prolonged walking and/or standing along with the occasional exertion of up to 25lbs of force.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize that people are our finest asset. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion or belief, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or sexual orientation or any other classification protected by law.
Specialty Restaurants Corporation maintains a drug free workplace. The Company will consider for employment qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner that is consistent with local, state, and federal law. All job offers are contingent upon successfully passing of a background check.
- Bachelors or better
Licenses & Certifications
- TIPS Certification
- Food Handler Certificate
- Team Player
- Customer Service
- Communication Skills
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $59,000.00 – $64,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply