Are you looking for a rewarding workplace to thrive in? Come work with us! For 10 years, Sunshine Retirement Living has created a fulfilling work environment where residents and employees become family.
We believe in a person-centered approach and every team member is committed to our goal of providing the best experience for our residents. Our collaborative and supportive environment not only makes Sunshine a great place to work but also creates a happy place for our residents to call home.
Sunshine Retirement Living offers great benefits such as medical, dental, 401(k), life insurance, Tela-doc and LifeBalance programs and more. Our values are “People, Passion, and Excellence,” and we are looking for someone who embodies that vision to join our team. Check out the job description below and come join us!
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
As the Community Development Director (CDD), you will be responsible for directing the local Sales Department for a designated Sunshine Retirement Living Community. The CDD will primarily report to the Executive Director with a dotted line dual reporting structure to the VP of Sales & Marketing.
Our Community Development Directors must have excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships, as well as possess a strong understanding of the sales cycle, and must have mastered the art of closing.
Using strategic marketing initiatives developed in collaboration with the corporate Marketing department, community outreach, grassroots and traditional sales tactics, your ultimate goal is to bring your Sunshine Community to 100% occupancy.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3-4 years of senior industry sales experience with a proven record of closing.
- Ability to think strategically to assist in the development of effective marketing plans.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, with residents and staff.
- Maintain a positive, respectful, and professional approach with coworkers and residents.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills; ability to develop relationships with prospective new residents and their families and overcome sales objections.
- Ability to represent the community in a positive, professional manner at community events.
- Possess an understanding of senior lifestyle and interests and have a passion for working with this target segment.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Proficiency in computers and relevant software applications; familiarity with CRM lead- tracking systems preferred, but not required.
- Possess reliable vehicle to travel within the city to perform outreach and promotion of community
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Must be 21 years old
- Satisfactorily pass Sunshine’s and state regulated criminal record clearance, health screening and TB clearance (if applicable).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Punctuality and regular attendance required.
- Manage the entire sales process for your designated Sunshine Community.
- Provide localized input into the composition of copy and/or editing of all marketing materials for corporate publications, signage, or advertising.
- Develop a pool of new prospective residents by using a variety of on-line and off-line lead- generation tactics, (including existing residents’ leads, cold calling, and networking through local professional and community organizations).
- Plan and execute traditional one-on-one marketing, inviting prospective residents and their influencers/decision-makers into the Community for lunch/visit.
- Develop a follow-up strategy for your leads, ensuring that each sales contact is timely, appropriate and effective.
- Educate and empower on-site Managers, Assistant Managers, the Chef, the Activity Director and other staff to help with marketing the Community; creating and assigning marketing tasks; meeting with the team weekly to monitor progress.
- Use the internal Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool for tracking all potential residents and their families, updating contacts daily.
- Negotiate rental agreements and terms with prospective residents and their families.
- Research and track local competitors to be knowledgeable of their pricing/special offers.
- Provide the Sunshine Management Team with a weekly report summarizing sales efforts,
(tracking status of prospective residents, sales hurdles, and competitors’ updates).
- Represent Sunshine Retirement Living in a courteous and friendly manner.
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all work assigned for the agreed-upon salary, accepting no additional payment non-perishable gifts from residents, vendors, Community management, or others.
- Serve as a role model for all employees by displaying a responsible, cooperative, and positive attitude.
- Interact and communicate with all employees, residents, and guests in a professional and respectful manner.
- Represent Sunshine Retirement Living and the Community in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner.
- Adhere to dress/appearance code. Changes in attire may be dictated by special occasion or weather conditions. If you have questions, check with your supervisor.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Promote resident advocacy and demonstrate excellent customer service at all times.
- Maintain personnel, resident and business proprietary and/or confidential matters/material in strict confidence with management of the company (and/or other company staff as needed).
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Maintains certifications as necessary such as First Aid, to fulfill state regulations (if applicable).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
20% or 20% to 40% to 60% to 80% to less 40 % 60% 80% 100%
Pushing, pulling and/or reaching ✓
Grasping and fine manipulation ✓
Climb or balance ✓
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl ✓
Talk or hear ✓
Taste or smell ✓
Lifts Weight or Exerts Force 20% or 20% to 40% to 60% to 80% to less 40% 60 % 80 % 100%
Up to 10 pounds ✓
Up to 25 pounds ✓
Up to 50 pounds ✓
Up to 100 pounds ✓
More than 100 pounds ✓
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Tell me about your interest in Senior Living.
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
Click Here To Apply