Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
Our Certified Nursing Assistant / Aide is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment planning, implementation and evaluation. Under supervision of Registered Nurses or Licensed Practical Nurses. Assists Nurses with patient care and patients with ADL’s commensurate with his/her education and demonstrated competencies.
- Complete an accredited CNA course
- One (1) or more years of clinical experience preferred
- Current certification as a Nurse Aid in the State
- Current CPR certification
- Under the supervision of a LPN, RN, PA, ARNP or MD, assists in the assessment of vital sign, transferring and ambulating of patients.
- Consult with and is responsible to RN’s and other staff as appropriate.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures. Intervenes with proper technique, procedures and safety precautions to meet individual needs of patient.
- Responsible for charting vital signs, intake and output on appropriate flow sheets and reports any changes of patient status to appropriate disciplines.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining supply levels for all clinics and stocks ER supplies.
- Establishes and maintains PAR levels in supply area.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Takes vital signs (temp, pulse, respirations, and blood pressure).
- Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
- Assists in maintaining working areas, supplies, and equipment in good working order.
- Assists patients with personal hygiene, ADL’s and linen changes.
- Assists Physician and PA and other health care staff as assigned.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- May be assigned to provide watch on patients at risk for harming themselves. This may be assigned as a direct observation or suicide watch.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Click Here To Apply