Who We Are:
Golden State Bank is a full-service commercial bank with regional offices in Glendale and Upland, servicing clients throughout California. The mission of the Bank is to offer diverse, quality banking products and services of exceptional value that meet the financial needs of businesses, their owners and their families.
What You Bring to GSB:
As the SVP, Director of Operations/Compliance Officer you’ve got what it takes to be a leader and role model in this highly visible role. You’re experience and knowledge makes you a trustworthy partner reporting directly to the President/CEO.
You are result driven and as a member of the Leadership Team your contributions support the Banks initiatives to achieve the overall bank strategic plan and goals. You take exceptional pride in establishing standards for policies and procedures. Your teams consistently deliver excellent customer service and exceeds customer expectations.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- 75% of the role focuses on operations and 25% compliance.
- Manages the Branch and Central Services teams to ensure superior client service, compliance with applicable Bank policies, procedures, controls, training and reporting.
- Serves as the Administrator of the core processor, Jack Henry & Associates. This includes annual updates, end of year preparation and Debit card reporting.
- Manages the remote Deposit and ACH Program and Audits.
- Serves as the Administrator of the relationship with the Federal Reserve Bank and Pacific Coast Bankers’ Bank.
- Ensures that weekly, monthly quarterly, semi-annually and annually reports, certifications, and audits are completed.
- Oversee unclaimed property ESCHEAT.
- Oversee annual privacy notices.
- Vendor maintenance of assigned users in bank operating systems.
- Reg CC reviews and System updates.
- Oversees and maintains the Bank’s Compliance Program including all Federal and State regulations related to lending, deposits, the Community Reinvestment Act, the Graham, Leach, Bliley Act of 1999, the Fair Credit Reporting Act of the
BSA/OFAC USA Patriot Act Compliance Program and also the Dodd Frank Act of 2010.
- May act as the Bank’s Community Reinvestment Act Officer and provide support, guidance and participation with activities related the Bank’s Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) compliance efforts.
- Reports on a regular basis to the Board, CEO, Senior Management, Compliance Committee and Audit Committee as appropriate on the status of the compliance programs.
- Completes audit/certifications of Bank operations, documenting compliance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Reviews all Bank forms on an annual basis for compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Maintains the Bank policy’s annual review and reporting system and subsequent Board review approval process.
- Occasional local travel.
What You Need for This Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in area of specialty or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in managing Bank operations and client services.
- 3- 5 year’s working knowledge of compliance and regulatory audit.
- 3 years’ experience with Jack Henry preferred.
- Course work/seminar attendance in bank operations.
- Foundational computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Teams 365, and Excel.
What’s in it for You:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical HMO or PPO, dental, and vision
- Life/AD&D & Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Matching 401(K).
- Vacation Benefits
- Paid Bank Observed Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Due to COVID19, we’re taking precautions to keep our environment healthy and safe. We will wear face coverings and maintain a minimum of 6 feet social distancing during the interview process.
- related work preferred: 10 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Click Here To Apply