Your combination of people skills and technical expertise makes you the team hero, solving one problem after another. What if you could use those skills to improve the technology supporting the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (VA)? We’re looking for a systems administrator who specializes in maintaining system efficiency to help us troubleshoot, resolve, and maintain a large enterprise system.
As a systems administrator on our project, you’ll conduct routine system administration tasks and log data in system admin logs. You’ll learn how to help customers overcome tough challenges through monitoring and performance management. You’ll analyze problem areas and opportunities for improvement in a mission critical network. You’ll be able to combine your technical experience with communication skills as you turn metrics into information and communicate their meaning. This is an opportunity to gain experience in maintaining troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks, including high volume and high availability systems. We focus on growing as a team, so we’ll share techniques, work through challenges, and develop new methodologies together. Join our team and solve daily challenges as we improve healthcare for millions of customers. This position is located onsite at Veterans’ Administration Medical Centers with daytime hours and potential for weekend hours.
Empower change with us.
- Experience with conducting routine system administration tasks and logging data in system administration logs
- Experience with troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks, including high volume or high availability systems
- Knowledge of security patching and performing updates for hardware and software for users, automated with tools, including SCCM, and physical changes using administrative level access and device privileges
- Knowledge of configuring device network access, on client site and remote operations, including VPN installation, operation, and issue resolution for users
- Ability to support hardware device media sanitization and the secure decommission of devices, storage media, and other hardware, including documenting the items processed for compliance
- Ability to new device processing to include the unpack, configuration, installing the enterprise image, and distribution of devices to end users
- Ability to perform hardware refresh and software update processing for end user devices, laptops, workstations, network equipment, printers, servers, and wireless services
- Ability to unpack, move, or install IT equipment weighing up to 25 pounds while frequently traversing around the site campus transporting equipment to various office buildings, under desks and in server closets.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED and 8+ years of experience with systems administration or BS degree in CS, EE, or Engineering Technology
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with the ServiceNow ticketing system a plus
- Experience with the VA
- Public Trust clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other specialists doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share successful methodologies and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Click Here To Apply