Are you looking to work for an extraordinary mission of “Enriching Communities One Family at a Time”, while enjoying the best benefits and working environments?
The Board of Child Care is where you need to be! Enjoy generous vacation and sick time; platinum level medical, dental and vision insurance; free parking and lunches; tuition reimbursement; on the job training and opportunity to earn job specific certifications; 403b matching. To view a summary of employee benefits visit www.boardofchildcare.org/careers. Take a look at the description below and apply through the link.
The Board of Child Care is seeking an Awake Overnight Child Care Worker.
The child care worker provides direct childcare services, ensures that day-to-day supervision of residents is consistent with agency standards and effectively works as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
Board of Child Care is hiring child care workers for overnight shifts at the following locations. You will be asked both on the application and during the interview process which locations you would be able to work at.
- Baltimore Campus – 3300 Gaither Road, Baltimore, MD 21244
- Reisterstown, MD Group Home
- Colesville, MD Group Home
- Hagerstown, MD Group Home (Western Maryland)
Consistently implements each resident’s treatment plan and completes documentation as required.
- To obtain all pertinent information regarding the assigned unit’s residents and upcoming evening program schedule at the beginning of the shift.
- Accurately administers medication according to physician and/or nurse’s orders and documents the medication administration record (MAR).
- To complete a bed check of each resident every 15 minutes and document outcome in the Unit Log Book.
- Ensures that each resident’s health needs are identified and met within the specified time frame.
- Provides safe transportation in agency vehicles for residents to keep scheduled appointments as required.
- Provides direct mealtime supervision to assure that residents are provided a balanced meal and that dining procedures are modeled and consistently followed.
- Completes assigned unit system responsibilities and documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and compliance of health and safety standards through daily/weekly on-site inspections according to agency guidelines.
- Contributes to the prevention and management of challenging behaviors by unit residents.
- Promotes effective communication through the timely submission of documentation and compliance with policy.
- Provides coverage, as needed, for direct care vacancies.
- Provides mandatory on-call coverage as required.
- Fosters quality and diversity in problem identification and conflict resolution among residents and co-workers.
- Perform duties, as requested, to achieve agency goals.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma REQUIRED AA Degree Preferred
- Maintenance of an unrestricted Maryland Driver’s License and safe driving record.
- Able to transport children as needed (BCC provides vehicles)
- Application of first aid and CPR.
- Physical intervention and/or restraints with male and female residents ages 10-19 years.
- On-site evening and weekend hours.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
- Able to engage youth in a positive and therapeutic manner.
- Able to provide positive role modeling to youth through attitude, behavior, language and dress in keeping with agency standards.
- Able to work cooperatively with supervisor and within an interdisciplinary setting.
The Board of Child Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Apply for vacancies as appropriate by going to https://www.boardofchildcare.org/careers/view-open-jobs/
Click Here To Apply