At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job. We ask that you Live Your Legacy by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have achieved four-years of Magnet ® status with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7028 Care Connections Clinic
Care Connections Clinic
Job Title: Patient Navigator
This position is Located in Lancaster, PA
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE .
POSITION SUMMARY: The Care Connections Patient Navigator (PN) will be an integral member of the Care Management multi-disciplinary outreach team. Together with Care Managers, Social Workers and providers, the PN will assist in care plan development and implementation, provide advocacy to patients, help develop care management strategy for enrolled patients and help create linkages for the various health and social needs of patients. The Patient Navigator will be the direct contact for patients enrolled in the Care Connections program and will help provide the coaching necessary for identified patients to achieve success in implementing and achieving their healthcare goals. The PN will be responsible for leading the multi-disciplinary team meetings/huddles and implementing suggested approaches to providing better care. The PN will meet the patients in all settings including home, inpatient, outpatient and specialty office settings, as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Works under the direction of the care team; determines plans for care management; coordinates care plans and completes tasks as necessary to complete social/behavioral care plan goals. Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
Coordination of public assistance/entitlements
Coordination of behavioral health services
Triaging after hours questions from enrolled patients
Accompanying patients to appointments as needed
Arranging referrals to any additional services (e.g. supportive housing programs, legal aid, etc.)
- Acts as a liaison between the Emergency Department, specialists, community resources and managed care/insurance plans on behalf of enrolled patients to ensure patient-centered coordination of care.
- Engages in the coaching of patients and caregivers on health literacy as determined necessary in achieving identified goals.
- Forges and nurtures partnerships with local service organizations and community resources to broaden support services for patients.
- Enters and maintains electronic records, compiles reports and completes other program documentation and administrative responsibilities in a timely manner (e.g. progress notes, incident reports, client track, letters, etc.).
- Participates in interdisciplinary case conferences/team meetings.
- Plays a consistent and active role in identifying project inefficiencies and finding collaborative solutions to the problems.
- Participate in the education of nursing and medical students that may rotate through the Care Connections Clinic.
- Attend continuing education conference as deemed necessary.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED) with prior experience as a light health care worker or as a former high-risk patient who successfully transformed their health, in conjunction with healthcare providers, utilizing education and controlled preventative measures.
- Strong understanding of case management and/or outreach services.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, with attention to detail required; strong oral/written communication skills is a must
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team, manage multiple priorities, utilize effective time management skills, and exercise sound administrative and clinical judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people of various ages, backgrounds, ethnicities, and life experiences.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License; must own an insured automobile.
- Ability to travel to multiple office locations and into patient homes.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Paramedic/Emergency Medical Technician, or other licensed health care practitioner,
- Proficiency in the Spanish language.
- Prior experience with patient home visits.
This job requires a Motor Vehicle Background Check
Lancaster General Health invests in the Employee Total Rewards by providing our employees with a competitive comprehensive packaging inclusive of:
Generous paid time off, Health, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Prescription, Retirement with an employer match and basic contribution, Tuition discounts and a tuition free affiliation with Pennsylvania Health Sciences. We also provide subsidized childcare, life insurance and career advancement opportunities for long term career growth.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health as a result of the referral or through other means.
Click Here To Apply