Do you have a passion for hospitality? Are you committed to delivering a first-class experience for guests? If so, this may be the perfect job for you. As our Assistant Guest Services Manager, you will assist the Guest Services Manager with managing the guest flow and service provided at the front-end of the store, where the guest has the last store experience, to provide excellent service and deliver results.
What You’ll Do::
- Be a leading example of hospitality for our team members and guests; educating team members and guests on products and services in order to provide complete meal solutions
- With the Guest Services Manager, maximize efficiency for store operations by managing front end guest flow, including guest queue management, and directing and supporting the guest service team (our cashiers) and backups, to achieve operational success and an excellent shopping experience every time
- Maintain the merchandising at the front end and end caps to achieve full looking displays and promote The Fresh Market product to drive sales
- Work with the Guest Service Manager perform operational audits
- Ensure that your team members are adhering to The Fresh Market standards and policies
- Responsible for front-end and cash office procedures and controls, including management of cash, key, and safe
- Assist with the training of the guest service team through The Fresh Market Academy and “on-the-job” training to provide excellent guest service in a safe and secure manner
- Assist in managing the department, inventories, and team for effective minimization of product loss
- Direct the guest service team, as scheduled to maintain sanitation and cleanliness at the front end and the guest restrooms
- Support the guest service team members on the front end and, when needed, step in to serve guests
To meet the needs of our stores, guests and teams, this position requires the willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, days, evenings and occasional overnight and holiday work.
At a minimum, what you’ll need:
- 3 plus years of experience in a guest service role
- 1 to 2 years of leading teams
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that allow for productive communication with team members, management, and guests
- Cash handling experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Perishable, Hospitality and/or Grocery Retail experience
- Production Planning Software experience
Physical and Work Conditions
- Repetitive hand/arm movements, grasping, bending, reaching, ability to lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds by oneself, exposure to extreme temperatures
- Ability to use tools equipment: knives, ladders, stepstools, box cutters, pallet jacks, and other equipment (unless under the age of 18)
- Required to spend long periods of time on his/her feet and standing or walking without a break (for up to 4 hours or as required by law)
- Wearing approved hat, hair net, and/or beard guard, and personal protective equipment
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: Consistent with applicable laws, TFM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and team members, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to TFM. This guiding principle applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring and job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer::
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, national origin, genetic information, uniformed service, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The statements in this job description are provided to describe the general nature and level of work expected in this role. While these statements include the essential functions of the job, they are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As we work as a team, there may be times team members are needed to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities based on business needs.
Click Here To Apply