- A high school diploma, GED or equivalent diploma
- 1+ years of experience in Microsoft Excel proficiency
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting hardware technology involving a variety of computer hardware components
This hourly position will support TOM leaders in maintaining and troubleshooting systems and technology related to the yard as well as process validation in relation to the systems used by the field teams. As a TOM Technician, you will support initiatives to innovate and implement automated solutions to drive operations excellence in the transportation space. A successful candidate will be highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, capable of handling confidential information, and responding effectively to changing workloads and priorities.
As a TOM Technician, you will use your knowledge and specialized skills to implement technical solutions and provide high quality support for computer and electronic hardware and, operating systems, and software used in TOM managed yards. You are able to determine when it is appropriate to deviate from a standard practice to accomplish the desired result. You can troubleshoot and solve straightforward problems that do not have defined SOPs.
- Align with the operations team to understand the tools and systems that are not working correctly and remedy as appropriate
- Take ownership of all existing systems and technology that are part of TOM gate and yard operations as well as approved systems that have not yet been implemented at your respective site
- Provide tech support on tools such as ALPR and Smart Drive for TOM operations
- Monitor processes through systems and technology to identify deviation from standard work
- Pilot test updates to exiting tools and implementation of new hardware, software, cameras, and computer instrumentation
- Deep dive and identify process improvement opportunities in using the yard and gate technology effectively to help the TOM team be more efficient and reduce process time
- Manage and communicate any system performance issues
- Flexibility to tTravel up to 50% within a 50-mile radius from your home location
- Ability to moveMove up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during 10-12 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodationshifts lasting up to 12 hours
Amazon offers competitive packages, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment. Benefits include health care (medical, dental, vision) coverage starting on day 1 as well as 401(k) with company match, holiday/overtime pay and employee discount. Amazon offers a range of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents prior to, and following, the birth or adoption of a child. All individuals with physical or logical access to Amazon property, data and/or customers, must successfully complete a background check prior to commencing work for or on behalf of Amazon.
Related Military Occupational Specialties: Army Career Field 88 (88M Motor Transport Operator, 88N Transportation Management Coordinator, etc.), 3531 Marine Corps Motor Vehicle Operator, EO Navy Equipment Operator and 2T1 Air Force Vehicle Operator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer sciencein STEM field or 2+ years of professional or military experience in related job occupation skill
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting and repairing electronic equipment such as tracking devices, cameras, sensors, pcs, etc
- 2+ years of experience in administrative support with project/data management
- Working knowledge of RFID, Camera, Sensors, and Tractor based equipment and connectivity
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment where the end result is not always apparent
- History of teamwork and ability to work successfully with limited supervision
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Click Here To Apply