Ice Industries is currently seeking a Tool & Die Maker to join their team in Mason, OH!
Ice Industries, Inc. is a world-class supplier with a broad range of capabilities including deep draw metal stamping; metal fabrication; CNC machining; MIG, TIG, and resistance welding; assembly; kitting; rolled and welded pressure vessels, and powder coating. Customers are assured of both company stability and quality performance through a diversified customer base serving markets including appliance, automotive, commercial and heavy truck, computer and networking, defense, energy, filtration, fire & safety, furniture, healthcare, HVACR, and off-highway vehicles.
Facilities are distributed throughout the central manufacturing corridor, with locations in Cincinnati and Toledo, Ohio; Grenada, Mississippi; and Apodaca/Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. A certified SDVOSB; Ice’s production facilities are ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and TS 19649 certified; and reinforced by professional teams including customer support, engineering, project management, and quality assurance. Ice works with companies that require the highest levels of quality and delivery, and those who are in need of localization or de-integration of the stamping operations.
To build, repair and maintain dies, tooling, and fixtures to support production
- Builds and repairs machine shop tools using machining operations and measuring instruments. Works from blueprints and sketches to create or modify tools, dies, jigs, and molds.
- Build or repair equipment such as dies, die sections, utilizing blueprints, sketches, descriptions, templates, etc
- Perform preventative maintenance checks on tools and equipment utilized in the Toolroom
- Operates various machines such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, and grinders to machine parts
- Keeps work area clean and uncluttered by removing scrap pieces from machinery, floors and properly dispose of scrap
- May be required to go to an area where the finished product is installed to observe or adjust the part or equipment as needed
- 8+ years of proven experience working as Tool & Die Maker in a manufacturing environment
- 1+ years of experience on large deep drawn stamping die
- 1+ years experience with resistance welding is preferred
- A Journeyman’s Tool & Die Maker’s card OR
- Journeyman Tool & Die Maker certificate from a U.S. Department of Labor recognized apprenticeship program
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, reference material, diagrams, or other manufacturer’s material related to the products to be machined. Must have good shop mathematics knowledge.
- Must be able to set up and operate all tool room equipment and be familiar with machinery tools such as lathes, grinders, milling machines. Must be able to operate a forklift, hoist, and cranes
- Able to machine a product within correct tolerances and dimensions utilizing tooling equipment and proper procedures.
- Must be able to load and feed steel and material into dies.
- Knowledge in adjusting steel/material alignment in dies and performing re-set ups and die changeovers
- Proper use of O.D. & I.D. micrometers, calipers, height gages, thread gages, and dial indicators
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Standing and walking up to 100% of work time.
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending up to 8 hours at a time.
- Observe and enforce all safety rules and regulations
- Safety glasses, hearing protection, and leather work shoes or boots are required
- Must be able to work overtime and any shift if scheduled.
Indeed Hire and Ice Industries are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- resistance welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- large deep drawn stamping dies: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tool and Die Maker in a manufacturer environment: 2 years (Required)
- Journeyman Tool & Die Maker (Required)
- Mason, OH: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)
Click Here To Apply