National Retail Systems, Inc. and its affiliates are a third-party logistics (3PL) provider founded in 1952. We are a privately held, 3rd generation family-owned company, located in northern New Jersey with terminals throughout the United States. We provide customized 3PL solutions to businesses and retailers around the country. Our expertise is the development, implementation and execution of personalized logistics strategies that enable our clients’ to reach their goals.
National Retail Transportation, Inc. has immediate opening for full-time, experienced Pier Dispatcher for our West Coast Transportation Department in Compton, CA. We are seeking a Pier Dispatcher for Second Shift, Monday – Thursday and Saturday.
The Pier Dispatcher is primarily responsible for assigning to Drivers Ocean Container pickups, Type of chassis, and Empty Ocean Container returns based on appointments, Port Terminals, SSL and customer yard location.
The Pier Dispatcher responsibilities also include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and monitor that all drivers follow DOT requirements and maintain regulatory documentation, including hours of service and logs.
- Dispatch containers from NRT facilities to Ocean Terminals, matching empties with loads to maximize efficiency.
- Handle appointments for empty returns
- Assist drivers and customer service in trouble shooting issues at terminals
- Monitor oldest empties to reduce Per Diem exposure
- Dispatch drivers with correct information and equipment to reduce dry runs
- Monitor chassis pools in yard
- Control of assigned drivers to perform to company standards and requirements, as well as compliance to company rules and regulations
- Motivate and measure driver performance for your assigned drivers
- Provide proper communication and direction to drivers as to their daily job and workload, including start time.
- Assign or preplan order pick up or delivery in the system.
- Verification of start and end times for accuracy and adherence to scheduled start time.
- Verify all arrival and depart times with drivers and proper entry into AS 400 system
- Identify potential down time, including knowledge of all delays, and communication of said delays to Operations Manager.
- Create system orders, as needed, and update order authorization codes.
- Import Container dispatch work experience
- Knowledge of Ocean Terminal operations and Websites
- Knowledge of LB/LA Ocean Terminal Chassis providers
- Ability to actively and effectively act as a Dispatch Team member in a professional manner and in the spirit of TEAM success.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers and management
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salaried position with steady-year round work
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Sick days
- Paid Holidays
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
NRT cares about the safety of our associates. We have implemented new safety protocols as per CDC guidelines to reduce to potential risk of COVID-19 exposure.
- Ocean Terminal Operations: 1 year (Required)
- Import Container Dispatch: 1 year (Required)
Click Here To Apply