Kruse Village’s goal is to provide a home-like setting in which to care for our residents. We strive to help our residents achieve a full, complete life – spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially. As a Kruse Village employee, your role is very important because it is your care and dedication coupled with ours that will enable Kruse to achieve our mutual goal of care of the total person. Together we make a family.
The Care Attendant may assist with the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping and Nursing Departments, providing support to residents, nursing assistants, housekeeping and activities staff in order to provide high quality care.
- Cooperates with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other facility personnel to ensure that nursing services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents
- Assists nursing team with serving meals, snacks and fluids (not providing cares).
- Ensures rooms are cleaned, organized and sanitized.
- Assists housekeeping and nursing with preparing rooms for new admissions.
- Makes beds– attach the resident call lights so it is easily accessible if the resident returns to their room.
- Stocks resident rooms with wipes, clean washcloths, clean towels, gloves, etc.
- Cleans unit refrigerators per established process.
- Answers call lights, serving residents when able and finding qualified staff when necessary.
- May transport residents (to and from meals, activities) if able per community / state regulations.
- Takes linen to the laundry room as needed.
- Picks up dirty/used trays, glasses, and cups in residents rooms and dining areas.
- Unit cleaning duties as instructed by team leads or unit managers.
- Completes daily task sheet and returns to unit manager.
- Attends and participates in scheduled training and educational classes as required.
- Immediately reports all accidents and incidents observed.
- Immediately reports all changes in the resident condition to the Nurse.
- Answers phones as necessary.
- Follows work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks.
- Questions nurse and management team immediately it any task that could be considered out of scope or as providing cares to a resident is asked to be completed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a long-term care or other healthcare environment preferred.
- Flexible work schedule (mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays, etc.)
- Follows all attendance policies and procedures, including proper timeclock usage.
- Compliance with infectious disease policies and procedures related to, but not limited to tuberculosis screening of health-care workers.
- Demonstrated competencies in person-directed, elder/resident-directed practice, critical thinking, teamwork, self-leadership, and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Demonstrated compatibility with the Kruse Village mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
***All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Click Here To Apply