The Hospice Chaplain is a core member of the interdisciplinary team. The Chaplain coordinates and provides spiritual care to patients’ families which is consistent with the Hospice philosophy and is in keeping with the personal beliefs of the individual. The Chaplain works in collaboration with the patient’s stated preference for religious or spiritual support. The Chaplain reports to the Hospice Program Director.
1. Makes home visits to Hospice patients and families as desired by them to assess spiritual needs.
2. Contacts primary spiritual/religious caregiver according to wishes of patient.
3. Makes revisits as appropriate.
4. Attends and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings.
5. Works closely with other team members as needed.
6. Participates in staff and volunteer training.
7. Plans and coordinates Annual Memorial Services.
8. Is available to staff and volunteers for consultation and support as needed.
9. Submits appropriate documentation of visits and/or contracts according to Agency policy.
10. Performs any and all other duties as requested by the Program Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Master’s level theological degree from an accredited seminary or school of theology.
2. Experience in pastoral counseling or related field.
3. Minimum of 2 units of clinical Pastoral Education preferred.
4. Minimum of 1 year of experience in a health care setting focusing on death and dying.
1. Ability to assess the spiritual needs of the patient and/or family members.
2. Knowledge of and ability to address spiritual needs of a broad range of personal beliefs and spiritual affiliations.
3. Ability to communicate patient/family spiritual needs to other spiritual/religious caregivers as may be requested by the patient/family.
4. Knowledge of and ability to use appropriate pastoral counseling techniques.
5. Ability to provide spiritual support to staff and volunteers as needed.
Part Time, 32 Hours/Week – Every Saturday and every other minor holiday required, Non-Exempt, WEST office (NK)
- It is the policy of Visiting Nurse Home & Hospice to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.*
Job Type: Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pastoral Counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Master’s (Preferred)
Hours per week:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
Click Here To Apply